changing BS tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
I am changing the tires on my Delta 14" BS. Is it worth it to take the wheels off for ease of installation? Am I going to find unforseen trouble if I take the wheels off?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I have changed three sets of tires on different saws and never took a wheel off.

Cut the old tire off and clean the surface well. I only use polyurethane tires. If you are using rubber tires you will need contact cement, I think.

Heat the new tire in a pan of hot water, dry it with a towel, slip it on the wheel. You may have to use a muscle or four.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
I have changed three sets of tires on different saws and never took a wheel off.

Cut the old tire off and clean the surface well. I only use polyurethane tires. If you are using rubber tires you will need contact cement, I think.

Heat the new tire in a pan of hot water, dry it with a towel, slip it on the wheel. You may have to use a muscle or four.

Mike, tried it both ways, top off and bottom on. Either way it was pretty simple. The bottom took a couple of minutes longer just because it was a little harder to reach. The real reason I tried it both ways was I could not get the bottom nut loose:eusa_danc:eusa_danc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS