Changes in Photo Gallery Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I've basically finished what I considered the high priority changes for the Photo Gallery. They consisted of several areas.

The Menu under a full size photo has been changed from icons to to the traditional type of menu and the wording has been changed to help people understand what they do. ( I hope)

The links area under the menu has been changed so that all links are visible and a better description of how to use them has been provided. There are now 2 different sets of link that will Display.​
Direct links:​
These are the links that best work with the Insert Image
insertimage.gif
function of the post editor. These Direct links have had a minor change, the http:// has been removed so that you don't have to delete the http:// that shows up, you just copy and paste in to the insert image function dialog of the post editor.​
BBCode links:​
These type of links are best for those people that would rather NOT use the insert image function, but rather copy and paste directly into their posts where they want the picture​

To save space, only one set of these links will show at any one time. There is a new menu item "Switch Link Type" that will allow you to toggle between these two views.

Which link set is the default? There is a new user option that allows you to set your preference. Right now and for new users it is set for direct links. You may change it at your discretion.​
Please try these new areas and ask questions. Report any problems that you are having. If any of the wording can be improved also post it here.

We need new FAQs for the new way things work and look. Please volunteer to write new ones or modify existing ones.

A lot of suggestions were made about posting pictures and the Photo Gallery. Almost everyone was an excellent suggestion. But with limited time for now, I chose the ones that I thought had the highest priority. Many of these will be look at again when I have more time. But the bottom line, is that with the set of changes I just made I broken the rule about changing PhotoPost code and be more willing to make further changes as time and necessity dictate.

So please feel free to make further suggestions and/or problem reports via the "Help Desk"

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL
Thank you for all the work you put into site, mostly to keep us happy. TO EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTES TO THE FUCTIONING OF THIS SITE[MOUSE]THANK YOU[/MOUSE][MOUSE]THANK YOU[/MOUSE][MOUSE]THANK YOU[/MOUSE][MOUSE]THANK YOU[/MOUSE]

p.s. anyway to add dif font type, i use office 2k7 (need a copy) hahahahaha, and i like the bradley hand (tc

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Bump! I'm nopt looking for kudos, but I really need feedback. There are a lot of changes, menu, links, chnaging type of links, etc. First does it work, second, is it easier to use or worse or the same

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I helped Jim post a few pics today and it was pretty easy.

I had a question but you must have fixed it already.

Thanks!

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I was able to post pics easily this afternoon. Thanks, Steve. You da man! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Er, I mean Pappa Smurf!!

:rotflm:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
First does it work, second, is it easier to use or worse or the same

Everything that I have tried works just like it should. It is definitely an easier set up than previously. In fact it is the best I have seen on any forum that I have been to. I really like the ability to change the link format at will. I have yet to decide which is going to be the easiest to use. I am not used to having it handed to me on a plate like that. You're too good to us.

Dave:)

sawduster

New User
Robert
Now I'm completely confuzzled :help:
I don't have the option of icons to use no matter what I select in my profile options
the only options I get are Best Size , Thumbnail and Linked thumbnail :icon_scra

Am I missing something ?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Now I'm completely confuzzled :help:
I don't have the option of icons to use no matter what I select in my profile options
the only options I get are Best Size , Thumbnail and Linked thumbnail :icon_scra

Am I missing something ?
Yep,:rotflm: But I am not sure what becuase I'm confuzzed about what you are asking. Those are the three options you would see on smaller pictures.

If you have set your user option to Direct in your user seetings, then you click inside the box that has the link. hit Crtl-C or however you do a copy and then go back to the screen where you are creating the post that you want to insert the picture. At the top of the edit post box look for the Insert iMage icon click it and them CrtlV or Paste into it and click OK.

Does this answer your question?

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice, Steve :thumbsup:
Replacing the icons with menus makes the interface much more friendly.
Please take a bow!

Roger

sawduster

New User
Robert
First understand that you are dealing here with a mind that barely survived the 70's and 80's :kermit:

Use to be I could post a pic that had the yellow " resize " bar across the top that could be clicked on and would actually take you to the user gallery ( I think )
It used to have a green icon
is that gone now ?

When I click " insert image " it is already populated with the http thingy which is highlighted . Do I erase that first ? :eusa_thin Is there an easier way ?

Once I get it, I've got it , but so far I don't get it :dontknow:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Steve,

I finally got a chance to play with posting a photo in a thread since the changes. Before posting I tried every conceivable way to post and I am glad to say that every possible way to insert photos worked like a charm. Thank you for all of your hard work.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I am sorta hesitant to post this despite some encouragement to from someone who asked why I use another site so much for my pictures. One of the top convenience features on the one I use (PhotoBucket) is that the link codes are shown in gallery mode and a single click selects the code and copies it to the clipboard. So it's a single click for the IMG format under the photo I want and then poaste into a message. The other things I like tat would be harder to add are that you can edit pictures online, do background uploads (sort of; you can't navigate away, but you can do other things on the page) and you can create folders. Plus it seems to be a little faster. This is not a complaint, just an explanation I was encouraged to make public. I love this site and I don't care whether it becomes the ultimate photo site or not.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
It's coming, but not sure when. I don't get a lot of help with the coding, so it takes some time sometimes.:gar-Bi
I am sorta hesitant to post this despite some encouragement to from someone who asked why I use another site so much for my pictures. One of the top convenience features on the one I use (PhotoBucket) is that the link codes are shown in gallery mode and a single click selects the code and copies it to the clipboard. So it's a single click for the IMG format under the photo I want and then poaste into a message. The other things I like tat would be harder to add are that you can edit pictures online, do background uploads (sort of; you can't navigate away, but you can do other things on the page) and you can create folders. Plus it seems to be a little faster. This is not a complaint, just an explanation I was encouraged to make public. I love this site and I don't care whether it becomes the ultimate photo site or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS