Centering Route Bit in Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
My title for this thread is probably a bit weak ... let me explain.

I bought a Route-R-Joint (from Woodline) at the woodworking show. It's a neat little setup, but I'm getting a bit of a sloppy joint. My buddy in Florida has one and he's getting good results, but only after he learned that when they say the bit needs to be perfectly aligned to the center of the bushing... they mean it.:gar-La;

Well, when I mounted the spiral bit they provided along with the bushing in my router table, it was off by about a 32nd of an inch or so (off to one side). I have a Woodpeckers "Unilift" setup. I looked all over, but couldn't see how to adjust it so that the bit would be centered. Anyone have any idea?:icon_scra

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
Sounds to me like the holes in the mounting plate were drilled incorrectly. I would call Woodpeckers and inquire with them about replacing the mounting plate. It's either that or the hole in the ring is off center.

Bob

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Can you rotate the router? Might be kind of an offset scenario with the lift and the router not being centered.

Al Millman

New User
Big Al
Jeremy,
I bought one of those a year or so ago. Have not had a chance to use it yet but I did learn how to center the router bit. I have a Bench Dog Pro lift and I had to buy an adapter that allowed me to center the bushing and not the router (Bench Gog calls it a Guide Bushing Adapter part #40-015), check with Woodpecker and see if they have an adapter that will allow you to do the same thing. It mounts to one of the insert ring that came with the lift. It also came with a centering cone that mounts in the router. Looks like it will work great when and if I get to use it. If you go to Bench Dog web site they might have a picture and or instruction on how the adapter works so you can see what I am talking about. Hope Woodpecker has some thing like that, they should. hope this helps.
Big Al

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Thanks for the feedback ... I've emailed Woodpeckers to see what they say. I'm also going to check out the Bench Dog thing right now.

Al Millman

New User
Big Al
Jeremy,
I just was on the bench Dog site and could not find it. If you want to look at what the adapter is we could get together and I could show you what it is. Just PM me and we can find a way to meet.
Big Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS