Carpool/caravan from Triangle to Charlotte show

Status
Not open for further replies.

helmswatch

New User
Duke
What this country needs is to bring back the intra city railroads... especially for those of us who are tierra firm transportationally challenged!

Duke

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
A bunch of us will leave the Bo-Jangles on hwy 64 in Apex at 7:30 AM for Charlotte on saturday. Hwy 64 to Asheboro, hwy 49 to Mount Pleasant, Mount Pleasant road to hwy 24, hwy 24 to show.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
junquecol said:
A bunch of us will leave the Bo-Jangles on hwy 64 in Apex at 7:30 AM for Charlotte on saturday. Hwy 64 to Asheboro, hwy 49 to Mount Pleasant, Mount Pleasant road to hwy 24, hwy 24 to show.

Since I have never been to charlotte, Bruce or anyone who knows, why not just take 49 the rest of the way instead of switching to 24??

Thanks

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
The show is on US 74 about a mile west of intersection with NC 24. Going all the way on 49 is like driving for 30 miles on Capital Blvd-PITA. NC 49 becomes a city street north/ east of Concord, with plenty of stop lights to go around. We used to go to Carthage and take 24 all the way. Very senic route. Looking at map the 64/49/ Mount Pleasant road/24 looks like best route. Mostly four lanes and fewest stoplights. We will try it and if we don't like it , then we will come back to Albermarle on 24 and switch over to 49, or take 24 to Carthage. When going 85 south towards Atlanta, I go 64 all the way to 85 at Lexington. Used to be only one stoplight between Asheboro and Lexington. Only 26 miles between them. My car embarasess stoplights- IT MAKES THEM TURN RED!:eusa_booh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS