Calendar Pre-Sales - Buy Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Status Update:
As of 11:47 AM 9/6/2008, we Have pre-sold 60 calendars. We need at least 40 more during the pre-sale period to have any opportunity to lower our production costs.

So if you planning to buy a calendar, please do it now.
Ok, the entries are in and you can see this will be another great calendar, maybe our best. Please order your calendars in advance like now. The more calendars we have sold before we select the actual vendor is better. I posted some of the economics in another thread
So far costs per calendar way too high. The only ways that I have found so far:

Cafepress: I have to order in quanties > 15 to get a discount. I have buy to buy and ship at full price to see proofs.

Many others: min order 100 -250 pretty good cost per and proofs are sent overnight for free.

I'm still looking, but the real decider will be the number of pre-sales that are made before I have to order. At that point, I'll make a final decision.

But just for comparison purposes. CafePress will charge 10.58/cal including shipping to me. add $2.50 to that for me to mail that out,and the gain to ncwwi 16.50 -13.08 =3.42. The prizes will total $1400. 1400/3.42 ~= 409 calendars to break even. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Now on the other hand, if we could could get 250 pre-sales, then we could the price down to $8.00. cal including shipping. Then we get 10.50 cost to ship. 16.50 - 10.50 = $4 net. So $1400 /4 =350 to break even. BUT. 250x4 = 1000 so we lose $400. A it more acceptable for this kind of event :smile:

Anyway those are just two scenarios. There are a bunch more. But it all comes down to this. The more we pre-sell, the better it will be. The first milestone is 100 pre-sales with 250 the ideal. So far we have 22 orders, all through cc or paypal, which of course charges fees, so we don't actually get 16.50. the charge for a single calendar done that way is $.78.

And yes checks are welcome
Just click on "2009 NCWWI Calendar" on the menu. It will tell what to do.

Please we really need at least 100 pre-sales

Last edited:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I ordered even though I never get a picture in the calendar. It will be nice to see my friends work in there.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I ordered even though I never get a picture in the calendar. It will be nice to see my friends work in there.
I don't have any friends, I ordered a calendar just to keep track of the lumber runs.

sapwood

New User
Roger
:eusa_thin Steve
Ya gonna have highlighted dates in 2009 calendar for start/finish of 2010 calendar contest :widea:

Roger

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
a preview of Miss December :wink_smil

CathyChristmas2004b1.jpg

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
:widea::icon_scra:eusa_thin

Hmm! Maybe we need to consider at least one page with the Ms. NCWW!!

Let's see: Cathy, Amy, Barb, Lorainne. Must be more??

:wwink:

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I am thinking of getting a calendar, but have not found out who has won or what pictures are in the Calendar? Where can I find this at?

Thank you,

-----Matthew-----
Custom Home Audio

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I am thinking of getting a calendar, but have not found out who has won or what pictures are in the Calendar? Where can I find this at?

Thank you,

-----Matthew-----
Custom Home Audio

The contest hasn't been decided yet.

THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED PRE-SALES! :elvis:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
As of 11:47 AM 9/6/2008, we Have pre-sold 60 calendars. We need at least 40 more during the pre-sale period to have any opportunity to lower our production costs.

So if you planning to buy a calendar, please do it now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS