Cabinet Grade Plywood

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
A man in Harrisburg, NC advertised cabinet-grade, 3/4" plywood for $27 per sheet. He says he has a couple hundred sheets. Before I drive three hours to go get 20 sheets, is there anyone close who can go by and see if it is good stuff?

Please PM me and I will send you his number. He told me he is always only 10 minutes from his warehouse and could meet someone there anytime.

Thanks.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Susan,
It's Lupuna faced plywood. I've used it for backs of cabinets and drawer sides but it's pretty soft/light weight and has very open grain like Red Oak. I know the seller and he is a great guy. He sells tons of decking and flooring from Peru/Chile wholesale out of a warehouse on Hwy 49 behind the speedway. He mainly sells this plywood as underlay for HW floors. I have some drawer boxes I'm working on now and will post a pic later. It would be fine for secondary or paint with a lot of sealer but I wouldn't consider it for a stain or clear finish.

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
Thanks, Mark. I was planning on using it for shop cabinets, some of them quite large. I wouldn't mind painting but I don't want to patch and putty a bunch of holes to make it smooth. I can get the regular cabinet-grade pine locally for $34 per sheet but thought I might save some money. Guess I'll just get it here where I can be sure it will be strong enough for the cabinets.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
There are no knots and it cuts very clean. The veneer is thin as you can see where I burned through it on the back corner of the Domino-Tail drawer box below. It would work fine for shop cabinets.

Lupuna_Plywood_001.jpg

Lupuna_Plywood_006.jpg

Lupuna_Plywood_004.jpg

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
The same guy who sold me the 1/2" 10 ply red oak/birch for $20 a sheet has a bunch of 5 X 5 sheets for $10 each. That's 20 bucks for a 5 X 10 if you can use it. It's nice stuff!

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
It looks good, Mark. I was afraid that, when it was mentioned that it would be good for painting and not a clear finish, that meant I would have to putty and smooth a lot of it. Looks like it has an interesting grain pattern. Guess I'll drive up Wednesday and get it. It will cost me $140 less than if I bought it locally minus a tank of gas. I also like the look of it better than pine. My husband is working that day so I better dig out my Gorilla Gripper and knock together a rolling plywood platform so I can wheel the sheets up the ramp.

Thanks Reggie, but I need 3/4". I would love to have some of the half-inch for other projects, but W-S is too far to go without a specific need for it.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Susan, we have a lot of members in that area. No not me. You should try to organize a lunch meet up. You know pick a restaurant and set a time. They will come. There is only one thing NCWW members like better the wood and tools and that is FOOD.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Harrisburg Family Restaurant is my strong suggestion. It's ~3/4 mile away and gooood. If you ever ate at the Athens Restaurant on Idependence and 4th in Charlotte, Harrisburg Family is run by the same family.
I'll be traveling next week otherwise I would love to get together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS