Cabinet Doors and Drawer Fronts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtprice

New User
David T. Price
I am building some cabinets for my new house. I want to build the boxes (saving money) and buy the doors and drawer fronts (saving time).
  • Have any of you used the Hardwood Store of NC. Are their doors dimensioned correctly? Are they square? Are they smooth or should I purchase two new sanders?
  • Any other recommendations for cabinet doors and drawer fronts?
  • If I want to go fishing instead of making the boxes does anyone know of a good source for these?
  • If I want to go crazy should I just build the boxes, the doors and the drawer fronts?
Whadda ya think?

David:help:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have used the Hardwood store of NC and Steve Wall lumber both for doors. With both companies, I got a quality job with absolutely no issues whatsoever. All dimensions were right on target.

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member
Also, The Hardwood store carries some box making product that I have used. It is a ply with the dado cut. The ply is finished. All you have to do is cut to dimension cut the bottom and glue up. Very quick and not overly priced. The wood is Maple (I think).

Is in on their price list but check their web site. I did have to buy some and cut it down but no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors