Buy and Sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
In line with the theme of more organization. Here is something I am playing with. It is not ready for use, just a start on a way to do things. I have a lot control of how some things are displayed, but haven't yet made any changes.

First, none of the ads are for real. I was just playing. Second, note that an ad placed can be optionally set up as auctions.

Please play with this and tell me you impressions.

Last edited:

Monty

New User
Monty
Looks like a nice product. It would be nice to be able to get rid of some of the buy & sell forums - it seems kind of messy down there.

Two quesions I can think of: can you still have a secret DQ-only section? Also, is there a way for new classifieds to show up on a list somewhere on the homepage? A lot of the exposure that we have with new ads comes from their listing on the home page and "new posts" page.

cskipper

Cathy
I agree with Monty - nice product as long as there can be a quick note about new products on the home page and still have a secret DQ section.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Looks like a nice product. It would be nice to be able to get rid of some of the buy & sell forums - it seems kind of messy down there.

Two quesions I can think of: can you still have a secret DQ-only section? Also, is there a way for new classifieds to show up on a list somewhere on the homepage? A lot of the exposure that we have with new ads comes from their listing on the home page and "new posts" page.
We can make it work so that we get the same type of "Higlight" on various pages that we do with the gallery pictures.

As far as DQ is concerned, I'm not sure yet

One thing to keep in mind is that not all the Buy & sell forums would go away, only the ones that we can properly replace with the new stuff. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing deal.

MikeH

New User
Mike
That looks like a neat option. How much more overhead and work would the auction part be?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS