Butsudon is finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I finally got my latest project a butsudon finished.
It took awhile between cutting grass taking the wife out for her bithday ect ect.
Of course after finishing it theres is a lot of things I will do different next time.
More pictures in photo album.

bdonfinish3.jpg

bdonfinished.jpg

Thanks for looking

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Really nice. I like the way you used the inlayed strips and the piece to cover the gap between the door (I think that has a name???).
Red Oak and Walnut??? Good combination together :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Dave:)

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Beautiful piece of work. Don't you enjoy being about to plan it as you go and have it turn out beautiful? I also like the two woods together.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Beautiful piece of work. Was is the finish?

You said next time you would do some stuff differently. Was there something you didn't like about the way it turned out? Or did you just think of improvements? What would you change?

Ray

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Ray Martin said:
Beautiful piece of work. Was is the finish?

You said next time you would do some stuff differently. Was there something you didn't like about the way it turned out? Or did you just think of improvements? What would you change?

Ray

Improvments:eusa_thin
1 make the top overhang greater to better cover the doors
2 face glue the top boards before even cutting the miters, that will make it a lot easyer
3 make the rabbits on the top and bottom, for the box to sit in a little deeper
and other minor things
of course the next one will be compleatly different design:lol:

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Earl that looks beautiful. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I also like the contrast of oak and walnut. And the way you softened the edges. The finish looks great...what did you use?

FWIW whenever I "wing it" and try to make a piece I end up boneheading out and adding to the scrap pile! Apparently you have the ability to "plan on the fly" much better than I do.

Chuck

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Earl,

Looking at the hinges, I can't see the leaf that attaches to the cab. Is it hidden? Very nice design and execution.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS