butch

Status
Not open for further replies.

butch1008

New User
butch
hi all. im retired carpenter,66years old. moved here about five years ago,been working with wood and metal most my life. mill my own wood. go fishing and mostly mow grass. have a small shop, lots of equipment. just found about this site.i always like to learn. and i saw there are really good woodworkers at this site. thank to all for accepting me.

butch1008

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hey Butch! You've found a great group! I'll look forward to seeing some of your work (we love pics!!!).

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome Butch, You have found the friendliest group of woodworkers on the net. We look forward to your input and look forward to seeing some pics of your work.

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome!!!!! Glad you found us :)wink_smil). I'd like to know more about your milling your own lumber. Also, we do LOVE pictures - good, bad or whatever. Enjoy the site!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Butch, we are glad that you found us and could join in. Ditto what Cathy said. Someday I would like to go from tree to furniture by my own hands.
I look forward to your input in the forums, it sounds like you have a lot of experience to add. Also I would love to see some pictures of your work, shop, mill, family, dawg, random bugs and vermit....anything, in general.
See you around!!!

Dave:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
welcom to the saw dust pile. I look forward to seeing pictures of some of your work. Shop pictures are also welcome.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard Butch. I'm encouraged any time someone in 'our' age group comes aboard for 2 reasons:
1. I see too many older craftsmen dying out and not passing on the benefit of their wisdom.
2. I'm proud to see someone our age also take the time to learn to use a computer & digital camera to the degree of proficiency it takes to be here!

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Welcome aboard Butch ! We're a friendly bunch and look forward to any ideas or opin ions that you may have.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome to the fray, Butch. This is a friendly bunch always willing to help. Don't hesitate to ask questions or offer suggestions....did anyone mention we like PICTURES?:rotflm:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Good to have you on board, Butch. You'll like this crowd of wood butchers and artisans.

:wsmile:

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Butch -- we'll look forward to your posts and pictures -- I'm sure you can teach even some of us old dogs new tricks!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Hi Butch, and welcome! Retired carpenter, and still doing woodworking? I guess that means you made your hobby into your occupation - or vice versa.

Small shop, lots of equipment, that describes just about 98% of the people here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS