But I don't need any new chisels...

Status
Not open for further replies.

photostu

New User
Stuart
I stopped by the Cary store yesterday, all out :(
Paul Sellers gives them a good review/bang4buck in some of his vids.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I got 'em, I got 'em! Suggested to SHE we go get a few groceries at Aldis; she went for it! Going down the aisle I spotted lots of chisel sets and I pointed them out to her; she laughed! Mission accomplished--now to land a wood lathe of at least 12x40. Wish me luck!:gar-Bi

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I don't think you'll find that wood lathe at Aldi, or Harris Teeter or Publix........

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
due to all the encouragement, I picked up 3 sets today in Greenville. They had more.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I don't think you'll find that wood lathe at Aldi, or Harris Teeter or Publix........

I think you're right Dennis, I've looked and looked in all those places. Looked at new lathes and the sticker shock gave me A-Fib! Found one I really liked on Craigslist, but it's been sold. A week later it's still posted. I hate it when people don't delete their sold postings. I'LL just keep a lookin".

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I noticed 10 or so packages of chisels yesterday at the Mint Hill (East Charlotte) Aldi's if you want some.

Endless Pursuit

New User
Jeff
I bought these at Aldi's 3 years ago. I spent 15 minutes on my Tormek, 15 minutes with some DMT Diamond plates and 5 minutes on a strop and they have become my go-to chisels for every day rough work. They actually have a decent grade of steel for the price. I plan on getting another couple sets just for the steel so that when I build my propane forge, I'll have the raw material for some hand made carving chisels. There's a Totem Pole in my future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS