Burl gloat!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
I receive a call today from a man that works with my brother about the possibility of making two bowls for him in exchange for this burl he had. This is a picture of the little burl. I should get more than 12 bowls from it. His estimate is that it weighs in around 600 pounds. It looks just like the oak burl I had last year. He is going to even bring it to my shop.
Jack
IMG_3013burl.jpg

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Dang you Jack,I swear you could fall in an outhouse an come out with a sack of GOLD :rotflm: Nice gloat though,ya lucky devil.

Dragon

New User
David
Burl? That ain't no burl, that there is at least 6 months worth of shop time just figgerin' out what to do with it and how to cut it. WOW! Nice score. Do not,:eek: I repeat, DO NOT :eek: allow Robert Arrowood to see this.:crossedlips: The resultant coma:tinysmile_tongue_t: and jabbering uncontrollably:banana::kermit::3dblob3::XXfridge: :tinysmile_cry_t: :roll: :BangHead: into the air would be horrendous to say the least.

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Hey Dave,he better lock that sucker up,cause I only live just a little piece down the road from em,from April till nov. :gar-La;

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Now David I ain't that bad am I:tongue2::gar-La;.Jack that is a nice burl.I know you will turn out some nice bowls.I just wish I had your talent so I could do something nice with mine.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Now David I ain't that bad am I:tongue2::gar-La;.Jack that is a nice burl.I know you will turn out some nice bowls.I just wish I had your talent so I could do something nice with mine.

You could always give em ta me,ole buddy,ole pal. That would be nice :gar-Bi

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Thanks everyone, Ken, Jason has told me the same thing as your first comment more than once. Oh ya don't get bitten by my mean old guard dog when you come by to take this big old burl. Actually I hope to have it roughed out by April anyway.:rotflm:
Jack :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS