Buddism thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
I did not get it, but I was just about to create this thread.

Steve, what do you want us to do here?

I will post a response in the thread.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Looks like we have a growing number of reports and complaints about the spam.

Should we consider a banner message saying that a fix is being worked on?

Ray

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I've posted replies to a number of the threads / reports / complaints about the spam to let members know we will address the issue... I am willing to do whatever I can to help with a fix, however, I'm clueless as to what to do about spam... and I don't know how to post a banner message.

Ray

MikeH

New User
Mike
I didn't get it. I looked at a forwarded PM and it came from user "STEPHANIE" I didn't even see such a user.

Ideas?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I didn't get it. I looked at a forwarded PM and it came from user "STEPHANIE" I didn't even see such a user.

Ideas?
That user was in moderation for invalid zip code. It appears someone has already deleted her. I suspect Monty.

There is a period of time between registering and waiting for email confirmation that a new member can send a few messages. we do this becuase if they have email problems with us we need someway for then to contact us so we can straighten it out.

Also, in the case of invalid or non-resident zip codes, the user is then put in moderation, for the same reason, we allow them a small amount of PM privlages. However, by accident, the amount was way too large. closed that number down.

But also after re-thinking this, I realize that users that reached this far do email, so there is no need to allow PM's while they are in moderation, so I just turned off PM for users in moderation.

Finally, I saw the stepahnie user registration and knew it was bogus, but I just assumed someone else would deal with it. My fault. I'm sorry.

Monty

New User
Monty
Steve - keep in mind, this means bimskalabim won't be able to reply to the PM you sent him. In fact, I don't think he will be able to read it.... I will send him an email.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Drat! I didn't get one. Spam has changed my life. I've made lots of money from offers of free money, improved my health with great deals on prescription drugs, and . . . well, guess you don't want to know about my sex life :err:

Roger

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I am with Mike merge into one or lock them down. They start to go off course if they are not watched.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve - keep in mind, this means bimskalabim won't be able to reply to the PM you sent him. In fact, I don't think he will be able to read it.... I will send him an email.
:slap::slap::slap:
Yeah, I didn't think. I should have sent him an email. Thanks for taking care of that. Let me if he even replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Merged and closed. Although I think I screwed up Steve's announcement.... the new posts injected themselves before his post. Sorry Steve.
You didn't screw up anything, I did. I must have been writing what I thought was the closing post while your were closing it. Stepped on your toes again, sorry. One of these days I'll learn.:goofy:

If you think my last hurts or doesn't help, please delte it or tell me to.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Monty
Thanks for the merge and close I was trying to find out how but you got it. :icon_thum
Steve
Great closing remarks :eusa_clap

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Man, I miss all the fun not being able to log in at work :crybaby2::crybaby2: Sounds like there's nothing to see here folks, time to move on.
Dave:)

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I caught just a little of this and then left to go get a drum sander and put out mulch all day. Thanks everyone for cleaning up the Off topic section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS