BS box drawer pulls ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
I am now ready to start attaching the pulls to my first BS boxes. The pulls are wood and I am a little concerned with just gluing them on. There is very little glue area and not the best surfaces to bond together.

Do you folks that build BS boxes do anything different than just gluing the pulls on?

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
You can always drill and use a dowel (or turn a tenon if you are making the pulls).

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
You can always drill and use a dowel (or turn a tenon if you are making the pulls).

Did you say turn as "turn" with a lathe. Is this another subtle way to try and lure me to the dark side. Never, never I say never!!!:no:

Of course I would have to own a lathe:rotflm:.

These pulls are so small and with crazy shapes it would be beyond me to be able to cut a tenon.

A very small dowel might work. This would also allow the pull to be rotated some to adjust the position.

T

toolferone

I have always, just used CA glue. Never had one come off (yet).

RayH

New User
Ray
I've used Titebond II or III prior to finishing in several with no failures yet.

Good luck,
Ray

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Is CA glue what use novices call super glue?

Yup, but it comes in varying thicknesses, different open times and is more consistent when you get it as CA. I do think the price is a bit high, but there often is a difference (and I am a cheap guy who hates to admit that).

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Glue, never have had any problems. Sometimes I will use brass pins, but more as a decorative feature and they are inserted after the pull has been glued on.

Dave:)

bluewing92

New User
Norm
Yep! Regular wood glue.:icon_thum Make sure they meet nice and flush and add a little clamping pressure. Haven't had one fail yet.
You could always design your drawers so you don't need a pull. Slide from the side or a hole in the back to insert fingure to push drawer out.

Of course we will need to see a picture.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I echo regular wood glue if the wood has not been finished. If you have finished it, then you will need CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS