New User
Gregory
DSCF00021.JPG

Redheart and Yellowheart puzzle boxes
pattern courtesy of SSW&C

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
Very nice. I see from your avatar that you're a Bills fan. The LOML is from Buffalo.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Congrats on the new saw. You bought the Dewalt clone right? I own two Dewalts and while they are not perfect I could not be without them. Keep the dust flying.

Hook

New User
Gregory
Dewalt Clone is correct - amazing how much less vibration compared to what I've been used to. Simply amazing - just trying to get it set up perfectly square - that's the real challenge I'm having right now. I keep using a little square on a tight blade to try to get that thing lined up and it seems like I can get it oh so close... but when doing 3D cuts, it's obvious it's not square. Either that or I need to use softer (and thinner) wood.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I normally use soft woods like pine, poplar, and butternut for my 3D work. My preferred blade is the #5 FD polar blade. Replace them often. I "try" to cut at full speed which helps minimize blade deflection cause my lateral pushing.

To check my square I use a block of jointed wood (2x4). While making sure you are flat to the table lightly touch it to the moving blade. Then turn the saw off and flip the block over and touch it to the back of the blade. If the blade square it should fit into the kerf. If not it will show you what direction to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS