Bon Voyage, John!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

Here's wishing John Richards (Woodguy1975 and his wife April a safe and exciting journey over the next thirty days. They leave tomorrow for China and will return in late March (22nd IIRC)! Hope you can stay in touch, John -- and remember that I'd be happy to be sure your tools don't miss being used! Maybe you can stuff a new bandsaw or two in your return luggage!

Have fun!

Rob

DaveO

New User
DaveO
John and April, have fun and be safe, and enjoy the opportunity you have...not everybody gets to go to China.
Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
:crybaby2::crybaby2:We'll miss you!
Hope you and April have a wonderful adventure :mrgreen:

Roger

T

toolferone

goodbye.gif

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hope you both have a wonderful trip and stay safe! I am sure that your experiences will valued for a lifetime.

You will be missed around here!

Wayne

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Good luck to you, John! I know you will do good things over seas and we are fortunate to have such a good representative of the USA in China. I was fortunate to hear Colin Powell speak two weeks ago. He was really good to listen to and had a great message. The biggest message I took away from him is that we need to interact with people from other countries and show them how great of a people we are. John will certainly make a good steward for us!!!

Mezpah, my friend! We will miss you.
Chris

J

jeff...

Personally I think his tools will be lonely, somebody really should go over there and keep them company.

Ya'll have fun over there in China bring back some china wood, they don't have that stuff around here.

cskipper

Cathy
Wishing you a safe and wonderful experience (remember the sleeping pills for the plane)! I am sure that it will be difficult to be so far away from home, but should be so exciting. We're will miss you while you're gone, and anticipate some excellent stories and PICTURES when you return. Take care.

woodguy1975

New User
John
April and I want to say thanks to everyone for the wonderful fairwell. We sit in CLT airport as I type awaiting the first leg of the journey. If everything stays on schedule we will be on our nonstop flight to Shanghi by 10:30am out of Chicago.

The camera is loaded and ready. Did I mention how heavy my gear is....

Hopefully I'll be able to get back on line once I get to our apartment (about 32 hours from now) in Suzhou and get you the first pic of journey. :) If I can't make sawdust I'm going to snap pictures. It will definitely be an experience. Now when I go back in April

Thanks to everyone again.

John and April

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
No, it just means that he is switching to ancient Chinese hand tools... Have a safe and wonderful trip!

woodguy1975

New User
John
We are safely in China! (Without Luggage)

Well, we are here. Pictures are to come. It is very different overhear. It is sunday at about 8:00 o'clock and I'm heading off to work. Talking about a slave driver. We just got off the plane and to work we go....

I'll post Day 1 and Day 2 pics tonight.

John

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
That pic of the chinese new year brings back memories.... My dad is from Vietnam. and I guess all asians love those fire crackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS