Bobby G's shop visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Wow...2 super shop visits in the same week!
Bob, like Charlie put some thought in their shops prior to placing the big tools......Wish I had.:BangHead:

I've enjoyed seeing, and have been thoroughly impressed by these guy's playrooms :eek:ccasion1

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I've never been to Charlie's, but a visit to Bobbyg's shop is a real treat. If you can only visit a limited number of shops, this is one you definitely want to put near the top of your list. :eusa_danc

Bill

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
+1 for BobbyG's.

There are some amazing shops out there but even the most basic of shops have ideas to offer and share. For that reason we are planning to restart the NCWW shop crawls real soon.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Joe, maybe BobbyG built the shop first, then added tools? :gar-La; You may chosen to buy the tools, then build a shop around them.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
+1 for BobbyG's.

There are some amazing shops out there but even the most basic of shops have ideas to offer and share. For that reason we are planning to restart the NCWW shop crawls real soon.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Hooray for shop crawls!! Glad to hear that they are on the horizon again. :banana:

bobby g

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Joe, maybe BobbyG built the shop first, then added tools? :gar-La; You may chosen to buy the tools, then build a shop around them.

Tom, that's exactly how I designed my current (and final) shop. I started w/ a blank sheet of drafting paper, and a scale mock up of all the stationary power tools and benches I had at that time. When I had everything placed exactly where I thought I wanted it, I drew a box around it and called it a shop. :icon_thum Of course, I didn't account for the tools I've bought since then. Guess I just assumed I would get rid of the old one when I replaced it. :nah:

Bill

Glennbear

Glenn

I tried to plan my shop ahead of time but that plan rapidly fell apart :gar-La; The day the contractors were finishing the structure I ran out to buy the used shaper and jointer I found in the local paper. I ended up tripping over them as I finished the shop interior, insulation, wiring, etc. My shop has been in a constant state of flux ever since. As has been said in other threads, a shop is never really finished. :wsmile:

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
Alright you guys, where are the pictures? I usually enjoy looking at the shops better than the projects. Members submit project pictures and I look behind the pictures to see the shop, tools, jigs, etc. I get a crick in my neck just trying to look at everything in the shop behind the project pictured.
James

DougW

New User
Doug w
I've been to Charlie's shop many times and every time I visit, he has made more improvements. You can definitely learn a lot from visiting his shop. I know I always come back to my shop with great ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS