Blue Spruce Mallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
A little gloat... a lot of thanks! Shamrock (Mike) and I have become good friends since meeting on NCWWi and I've been working with him on the side on a few things ... and for that appreciation, he surprised me with a "thank you" gift ... needless to say I'm stoked! Expect nothing and the rewards are so much greater! :eek:ccasion1

This is one of the new Blue Spruce "infused" mallets. They are quilted maple head and african blackwood handle all infused with acrylic ... and hard as a rock. This thing is just about perfectly balanced and so far, not a single nick!
P1010825.JPG

More info about them at http://www.bluesprucetoolworks.com/cgi/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=MLTS&keywords=all

Thanks Mike!

cpowell

New User
Chuck
That almost looks too pretty to use. Send it to me for a few weeks and I'll go ahead and give it a few battle scars. :eek:

Absolutely gorgeous tool! :eusa_danc

Chuck

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Very nice! Those are some sweet mallets.

Enjoy and let us know how it works, had my beady little eyes on those for a while now :)

Jim

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Way to go...This site has the magic to bring folks together like that.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Very nice! :icon_thum:eusa_danc

The title had me worried - I didn't know it was a brand; I was imagining a mallet turned from a glued up stack of Lowes "white wood". :rotflm: I should have know that Jeremy is smarter than that.

Infused acrylic is tough stuff, Chuck. If you can readily scratch one of those up you might be hitting the wrong end of your chisel. :gar-La;

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Wow,

Very Nice Gift, You must have been doing some great work, Cause that is just simply Awesome!

YOU BOTH ROCK~! WAY TO GO~!

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I saw the mallet at Mike's and it is NICE !
Way to pretty to bang on.
I'd just build a frame and display it along with your planes! :wink_smil

pete

M

McRabbet

Kudos to Mike for his thoughfulness and to Jeremy, I can understand you being stoked over such a superb gesture from a friend and fellow woodworker. This site ROCKS!

dkeller_nc

New User
David
Yeah, but now you've got a problem - you never want your mallet to be harder than the chisel handle that it's striking, so now you have to have a set of those new Blue Spruce acrylic-infused bench chisels.:gar-Bi

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Your welcome senor. After the hours I burned on your belt sander thinning down that curly red oak I thinks I got off light. Thanks for all the help! And by the way those mallets take a serious beating, I bought one at the same time and I've wacked out a few dovetails and tenons with it and no scratches yet. I've just got to find a way to make a bench outta that stuff:eusa_thin

NCWW has made me a better woodworker, and a more friendly person in general, many thanks to all whom I've met, and those I'll meet in the future.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
oh, here's mine: they can color the wood when they infuse the acrylic- the color-naturally--green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS