birthday auto post

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeter

New User
Charles
I got an e-mail from NCWW this morning wishing me a happy birthday so I know that my birthday date is logged in correctly, but I don't show up in todays birthdays. Is this a program glitch? Not that I want to get any older, but I am curious.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
In your options, you have "display age only". If you the code that that displays birthdays publicly, displayed your age, it would be indirectly displaying your birth date and thus be a violation of your privacy options.

So the system can send private birthday messages, but not public ones.

I didn't write that piece of code, blame vbulletin.:rotflm:

GeorgeL

New User
George
Skeeter,

In your user settings under birthday & privacy did you select "display full age & date"?

BTW, :banana::banana:Happy Birthday:banana::banana:

George

missed it by that much...

skeeter

New User
Charles
Steve, I'm certainly not blaming anyone! I asked if there was a glitch because I have not changed anything having to do with birthday options in my options since joining, and this is the first year my name has not shown up. I was only asking!!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve, I'm certainly not blaming anyone! I asked if there was a glitch because I have not changed anything having to do with birthday options in my options since joining, and this is the first year my name has not shown up. I was only asking!!
Sorry, if I came across wrong. I know you weren't blaming anyone and just asking. This question came up before and I just wanted to answer it..

Why it showed up before, I just don't know the answer.:eusa_thin It was probably considered a bug to show it with your settings and the "bug" was "fixed" sometime in the last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS