bIRDFEEDER PLANS WANTED

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
My wife has set me on a quest to add several birdfeeders to our backyard. Does anyone have any plans they would be willing to share to help me out?
Thanks in advace.
Mark

GoToLeep

New User
Dan
I need some also...and looking specifically for a bluebird house plan as well. Looked on the net, ust wanted to see what the creative bunch has...thanks!!

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Here's a design that I've developed over the years. I'm on my second one and really like it. It holds about 30 lbs of mixed seed. The roof is covered with rolled roofing glued on with const. adhesive. The edges of the 1/2" plywood roof are fitted with 1/2" aluminum U-channel first. It makes for a good sanctuary for the birds during inclement weather. Sits on a 4x4. After 15 years, a 4x4 rotted off at the ground and got blown over. Laying on the ground, the feeder's internals can be seen.

Its not immune to the assault of the bushy-tailed tree rats with good press agents.

feeder4.jpg

feeder1.jpg

feeder3.jpg

feeder2.jpg

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I need some also...and looking specifically for a bluebird house plan as well. Looked on the net, ust wanted to see what the creative bunch has...thanks!!
This bb house was made as an abbreviated attempt to imitate someone else's fine design. White pine, no finish. Turns out that the birds prefer that. I put a door hinge on the top. Water doesn't seem to get down in because of the slight overhang of the roof. Its been there for 8 years and needs replacement. I'll duplicate the design. I wrapped the roof with some brass sheet I had. Its pretty crude, but wildlife lives in rather crude abodes.

bbhouse5.jpg

bbhouse2.jpg

bbhouse1.jpg

bbhouse4.jpg

We feed the bluebirds mealworms. They hang around the house all winter.

bbhouse6.jpg

They do get militant if not fed on a regular basis, though.

DarthBluebird.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS