Bibs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Since i gained so much weight and I could not fit into my jeans, I had to buy new jeans. When i did, i also bought my very first pair of blue jean bib overalls. Man why haven't I tried bibs before? I can actually move around without my pants falling off my ### now and besides that - they are comfortable and have lots of pockets.

The internet is a black hole - nothing can escape it

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
If I could wear bibs to work - I would. Unfortunately, we have a dress code - business casual MON-THU - FRI we can wear blue jeans. Gold shirts and casual dress shirts only.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Bibs are right up there with 200mph tape and visegrios in my book.

A tip for getting maximum life. I wear out the front part over the thighs and stomach from various activities. I can't sew and my wifes answer upon seeing the holes is to get new ones. So, I found this product at Tractor Supply labled "Tearmender" . It is a liquid rubber with a fast tack and will withstand all the washings I've ever put it through. I either take old jeans apart or find other suitable scrap fabric and glue down a patch at the edges and through the bridge area so I end up with an overlay like chaps or what the older Carhartts use to offer.

Easy peasy and back on the road. they make great brush busters for berry picking.

Enjoy your new sartorial splendor.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Bibs are right up there with 200mph tape and visegrios in my book.

A tip for getting maximum life. I wear out the front part over the thighs and stomach from various activities. I can't sew and my wifes answer upon seeing the holes is to get new ones. So, I found this product at Tractor Supply labled "Tearmender" . It is a liquid rubber with a fast tack and will withstand all the washings I've ever put it through. I either take old jeans apart or find other suitable scrap fabric and glue down a patch at the edges and through the bridge area so I end up with an overlay like chaps or what the older Carhartts use to offer.

Easy peasy and back on the road. they make great brush busters for berry picking.

Enjoy your new sartorial splendor.
I blow the crotch out of every pair of jeans I ever owned. Replacement is really the only answer for me.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
To be honest, I suspect Danny (Partman) wears 'em to bed! My favorites are the Fire Hose pants from Duluth Traders -- not bibs and rather expensive, but very comfortable and tough as nails. Jeff, you might want to check out their jeans -- while also pricey, they have an additional gusset in the crotch that provides more stretch room.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I wear Roundhouse bibs. Fair price and made in the USA.
http://www.round-house.com/
I like those - made in USA is a big plus, I especially the hammer loop. I think I could un-sheath my hatchet and hang it from the hammer loop. I rarely leave the house without my hatchet.

966-middle-1_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

JGregJ

Greg
User
Got one pair of bib's myself, do wear them in the shop frequently. In addition to the storage, there design allows a looser fit while not falling off so they are a bit more comfortable than most pants I own.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
To be honest, I suspect Danny (Partman) wears 'em to bed! My favorites are the Fire Hose pants from Duluth Traders -- not bibs and rather expensive, but very comfortable and tough as nails. Jeff, you might want to check out their jeans -- while also pricey, they have an additional gusset in the crotch that provides more stretch room.

+1

Wear them daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS