Best place to buy bedroom furniture plans??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I am in the planning stages of my bedroom furniture project and am looking for a good source on plans. I have looked at Taunton's bed compilation book and was disappointed with the plans in there; they seemed too "wood-shop class looking" if that makes sense.

Where is a good source for fine furniture plans that has classy, professional grade plans? I am interested in loose interpretations of the crafsman style, casual style to slightly modern style. I know that is vague but it should rule out highly formal styles of furniture. I want to keep it simple, clean and classy.

thanks

botebum

New User
Doug
What are the chances of Googling "mission bed", taking ideas you like from what you find, and working up your own plans? Use any bed plan for your general measurements and typical bed connections and throw your own sense of style at it. It might be a bit more difficult and you may have to make some 'on the fly' decisions, but in the end you'll have exactly what you want and have that much more pride in it.
Just my .02

Doug

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
a27e377d.jpg
----this one was in woodsmith yrs ago...I think you can still get it at woodcraft

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I should have posted this earlier but when I ask my wife what style of furniture she likes things like this come to her mind:

http://www.potterybarn.com/products...set-save-150/popup/more-views.html#hero-image

Thanks for all the posts!

You can buy a plan then modify the headboard/footboard/side rails to suit your style. The plan would just provide dimensions (so the mattress and foundation will fit) and would also provide details on joinery. Something like this plan http://www.plansnow.com/bed.html would work. It doesn't look exactly like your photo but minor changes will get you there.

If you buy a plan for a dresser you will be able to scale it and make a chest of drawers and a night stand. You just need the construction details.

If you are familiar with bed construction and joinery then you could get by with a photo dropped into Sketchup and a few dimensions to scale it. You can design the joinery and critical dimensions with pencil and paper.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS