Been Lurking in Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Botanist

New User
Ron
Well my little statistics box on the right of the screen says I have been a member for 96 days now so I guess it is time to join in the fun. I have been in Durham for about 20 years now and active with the TWA for a number of them so I recogize some of the folks on this site (hey Toolferone), and some of you may already know me.

I build all types of stuff from scollsaw ornaments to small boxes (love shaker boxes) to dinning room tables. Most of the stuff I make I give away to firends and family. My shop is like most in that it is crowded with not enough room and I spend most of my time moving stuff around so that I can work. I give advice freely some good and some bad.

I am in the Parkwood area of Durham near RTP and am more than happy to have someone over to plane a piece of wood or drill a hole if they lack equipment. I look forward to may posts from here on out.

Take Care
Ron Johnson

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer Ron! We look forward to you input. And since I live only a few miles from Parkwood, I appreciate your offer :icon_thum

Roger

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Ron: Welcome to the light! We're glad to have your comments, suggestions, and input. More the better.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Ron,

Welcome. Glad you decided to join in the fray. I've probably run into you at one time or another at the TWA meetings. I do miss a bunch of them (like tomorrow's) because of business travel. I get there when I can and love both groups; TWA and NCWW. If you've been lurking for a while, you know we love our photos here. (hint)

Ray

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Ron, Thanks for coming out of the shadows and giving us an intro. So what's the story behind your user name. Botanist...are you a plant geek like me?
I look forward to your input in the forums, and maybe I won't be one of the few spewing Latin plant names :lol::lol:

Dave:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Ron. I am also a TWA member. Both are great groups. Like you, I can't always make the TWA meeting but most days I can find time to get on-line.

I work in RTP (Davis Dr) so if you ever need a hand, give a yell.

Your shop is not crowded until you have
pictures to prove it.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome to NCWWer Ron! Looking forward to your input on the forums. I'm anxious to learn from anyone willing to share!
Take care,

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Welcome Ron,

Don't feel bad about waiting to intro well after joining. I joined and it took me about 9 months for an intro. We're all like family here, alot are like me(dysfunctional) some aren't, we all agree on the fact that this is the b est Wood Website on the net. Feel free to join in at any time.

Jimmy:)

J

jeff...

Welcome Ron, Thanks for coming out of the shadows and giving us an intro. So what's the story behind your user name. Botanist...are you a plant geek like me?
I look forward to your input in the forums, and maybe I won't be one of the few spewing Latin plant names :lol::lol:

Dave:)

Oh that's Latin hu? and all along I thought it was Dave :swoon:

Vanilla Gorilla

New User
Marco Principio
I am in the Parkwood area of Durham near RTP and am more than happy to have someone over to plane a piece of wood or drill a hole if they lack equipment. I look forward to may posts from here on out.

Take Care
Ron Johnson

I live in parkwood too, over on Limerick Ln.

There once was a man from Limerick...
I don't guess I'll finish that one :eusa_clap

Glad to meet someone from the neighborhood!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors