Been Busy, Busy this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWSmith

New User
David
Managed to stay quite busy this week, mainly to keep warm.

First, off to the lumber yard to replenish the stack I finished off this week.
DSC_01051.JPG

View image in gallery

8/4 hard maple, 8/4 cherry, 8/4 walnut and some 8/4 mahogany, not shown.

Then off to the local tool store.

I've wanted a new drill press for a while now and decided on the Delta because of the increased spindle travel and the laser. I wanted the PowerMatic so I could stop changing belts but the price threw me off. But I like the Delta. Seems to be solid and extremely heavy.

I still managed to get some work done.

I cut out and glued 45 boards this week. (For those with sharp eyes, all 45 aren't here. My table simple wasn't large enough.) They will be loaded up and sent to the other shop I work with for sanding on their wide belt sander. (Not shown, a cherry and walnut 2 x 30 x 42 board and a 2 x 20 x 33 mahogany board.)

By Friday they will all be sent to UPS for delivery to my customers.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Nice shop, wood and tools! That power equipment in the background of the first photo caught my eye... looks like you have some serious juice available.

DWSmith

New User
David
Actually all the power panels are dead. When the furniture plant closed, all the big power was ripped out. I have 480 lights and 220v single phase service in the shop and I believe I can get three phase from the bank of transformers that is just outside the door.

eyekode

New User
Salem
That dp looks to be the best on the market for ww in the price range. Arguably better than the PM in features. Let us know about your experience. I am particularly interested in it's ability to drill in angled stock and how easy it is to change belts.
Thanks!
Salem

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
David, I just built one cutting board for LOML. I can't imagine making 45. You da man! :notworthy: One of these days I'm gonna come see how you do it. Now that they've seen mama's cutting board, the girls are asking for one. :gar-La;

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS