Bedside tables just about done . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Here it is:

The top is Ambrosia Maple and Claro Walnut.
The base is Black Walnut ( from Jeff's first lumber run).
The banding on the draw came from woodcraft.
I carved the draw pull out of some mystery wood I got from Kyles cutoff pile.
Right now it just has one coat of shellac on it. I'll sand a bit and add another coat or two and then wax.

pete

erasmussen

New User
RAS
It's perfect, just beautiful:icon_thum
In fact it's so good I cant take a chance of having my wife see it

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Great work, Pete. How many did you make? I thought I saw a pic in your gallery of three or four?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, very outstanding work :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I really like the banding on the drawer front. Very Chippendale-esque.
Bedside tables are now on my todo list as the current ones I have aren't tall enough for the current "princess" bed.
Do they match(or will match) a dresser or chest of drawers?

Dave:)

nelsone

New User
Ed
That looks great Pete! You did a great job matching that spalted maple for the top! What is the banding around the drawer?

toolman

New User
Chad
[mouse]WOW!!! :cool:[/mouse]

Great looking table, I am speechless!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Pete the tables are outstanding. The form, shape , and use of the contrasting woods is wonderful.

Jimmy:)

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Pete,

Outstanding...I especially like the contrast of the ambrosia maple and blk walnut. Are these your own design?

Dan C.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Thanks for all the nice remarks :wsmile:

Mile - There are 2 as pictured and one slightly different for my son.

DaveO - We have a mixture of styles on our bedroom. The tables, the claro headboard, antique chest and dresser and large cherry desk. So they don't really match but we think they complement each other. I'll post some pictures when we get it all in place.

Ed - I bought the banding at woodcraft. I thought about making my own but I wanted to get these done so took the easy way out.

Dan - Design . . . I started with the Creole Table design (Larry Rose built one). I was going to make it with the maple/walnut top, but when I scaled it down the legs didn't look right so I went with the thin taper. I tried something different on the drawer. Instead of slicing the front apron and re-gluing I drilled a small hole in a corner and cut the draw front out on the scroll saw - no seams. It almost worked but was a bit to rough around the edges so I went with Christopher Schwartz's method and made the draw box with through dovetails, cut of a 1/4" slice of the draw front, added the banding and glued it on. I think it worked out pretty well.

Thanks again - pete

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Beautiful table, I love the contrasting wood and the decorative apron. The proportions all just feel 'right'! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

skeeter

New User
Charles
Great looking table. I like the design, wood selection, DTs, workmanship, . . Yep, great looking table.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Pete, you clearly applied a lot of thought and skill to the table. The results are fantastic :thumbsup:

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors