Beach Barter Table - 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Each year around this time, a friend of the family who owns a beach house on Oak Island let us have their place for week for a short vacation. For the past three years I have build them Adirondack chairs, footstools and a small deck table in exchange for the week at the beach.​

This year, she said she needed a small night table for one of the bedrooms. As the existing dresser was painted white, she asked for the table to be just plain white.​

Got me about 20 BDFT of poplar and threw this together during the past week. Now its on to the sanding and painting!:BangHead:​

100_1012.jpg

View image in gallery

I must say that I have just about grown tired of building this design. During the past six months, built a couple of them out of oak for my daughters and its getting kinda old.​

Anyway. With this being a barter, its always a great deal for us and kept me off the streets. :wsmile:​

Thanks for lookin'​

Wayne​

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wayne, that looks great. And it's a heck of a deal, you get to do something you enjoy (well maybe not making the same thing) and get a nice beach house vacation out of it.

Dave:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Good looking table Wayne! If you want to try using a tinted lacquer instead of painting, you're more than welcome to borrow the Earlex (the Earlex does not do well with paint, even when thinned).

nelsone

New User
Ed
Looks like a great table and a heck of a deal!:icon_thum I see you have found the joys of commission work though! Client gets to make the specs instead of you!

Glennbear

Glenn
Nice looking table Wayne and a great bart deal you have going on. The positive side of repetiitive work is the likliehood of assembly surprises in minimized. Good luck with the finishing :wsmile:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Appreciate your disdain for repetitive work, Wayne.
However, you are danged good at it :icon_thum

Roger

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
It looks good, and I can empathize with getting tired of building the same old same old. I get that way about Adirondack chairs myself.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice!

Please post pics with paint finish!

All finished and delivered to Oak Island this week, Matt.

100_1031.jpg

I sprayed it with two coats of Kilz rattle can primer and then applied three coats of Sherwin Williams Pro-Classic Extra White satin enamel.

Was a great time at the beach! Ready for a different project now!!:wsmile:

Wayne

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
All finished and delivered to Oak Island this week, Matt.

100_1031.jpg

I sprayed it with two coats of Kilz rattle can primer and then applied three coats of Sherwin Williams Pro-Classic Extra White satin enamel.

Was a great time at the beach! Ready for a different project now!!:wsmile:

Wayne

Looks very professional, Wayne!

Great job on a nice Bedside Table!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS