Bathrooms Passed Inspection Today !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Well. I have been working on these two bathrooms since November and finally finished them both off today. (Otto actually closed my previous two threads. - http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10958 and http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11078.

Not much room to maneuver the camera, but here are a couple of PICS of the completed cabinets.

DSC004811.JPG

DSC00483.JPG

All in all, it was a fun project but took me way, way too long!!!! (Actually the finishing took me longer than the actual build time.) Tuff waitin' for paint to dry!!!:BangHead:

LOML and daughters passed the inspection this morning!!!!!!! I guess the "old man" did ok by them!

Thanks for lookin'.

Wayne

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice job on the bathrooms, Wayne!:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:icon_thum Did you make the countertops too?

LOML is buggin' me about another remodel:roll: I hope she doesn't see yours. Not sure I'm up to those standards.

Take care,

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Great looking cabs. Wayne!!! Finishing should take as long as building most projects if you do it well...as you did. The paint job looks flawless. Did you spray it?? What did you build them out of??
Great job, I guess the family will keep you around a little longer, huh :lol::lol::lol:

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great looking cabs. Wayne!!! Finishing should take as long as building most projects if you do it well...as you did. The paint job looks flawless. Did you spray it?? What did you build them out of??
Great job, I guess the family will keep you around a little longer, huh :lol::lol::lol:

Dave:)

All I really did was replace the doors and drawer fronts. The cabinets were pretty solid but faced with 1970's "woodgrain laminate". Never touched the countertop. I built the raised panel doors, drawer faces and drawer boxes out of poplar. I then primed it all with a product called XIM Primer/Sealer/Bonder - 2 coats. The finish coat was done with Sherwin Williams ProClassic satin enamel. Actually, I just brushed on the two coats of primer and three coats of enamel.

This was my first experience with raised panels and with all of the advice here coupled with that MLCS raised panel set, it went fairly well.

Thanks for the comments!

Wayne

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great stuff Wayne! You continue to amaze with steady improvement of woodworking skills. :notworthy:

And you make me jealous :lol:

Roger

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great stuff Wayne! You continue to amaze with steady improvement of woodworking skills. :notworthy:

Roger

Thanks Roger.

That's what the family members say - "The Old Dog Is Always Learning New Tricks.....Must have too much time on his hands.":wwink:

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors