Bandsaw tune up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
Having just got my new tyres and Timberwolf blade for my BS I thought I would try balancing the wheels. I never believed it would make much difference, but I was wrong! The saw runs much nicer now. Balancing was easy; I didn't even remove the blade completely, just pushed it off the back of the wheels so that it was clear. I used the method outlined on the woodcraft site and spun the wheel and marked with numbers, 1,2 3 etc.. When I had established the heavy point I just drilled a number of 3mm holes in the rim in a convenient spot until my numbers appeared ramdomly around the perimeter of the wheel. I ended up with about 8 holes about 3mm apart. The bottom wheel didn't need doing. Easy and well worth doing.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Thanks for the tip David. I had no idea that the wheels of a BS could be balanced. I will have to review the article and then test mine to see if they need balanced. From what you describe it sounds like an east procedure.

D L

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
That is a good tip.

BTW, I found out why my band was going back and forth on the tires. It was the band. Put a new band on and no trouble. I am going to have to take advice from some of the other posts and buy the high quality expensive blades for resawing.:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors