Back in the saddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
First projects with the new wrist :gar-La;

1/8 cedar that I planed myself :mrgreen: #3 FDUR blade, sanding sealer and Deft Pattern by Richard Preator

Cedar and poplar #5 FD Polar blade for the compound cut . Sanding sealer and Deft . Pattern by Diana Thompson. Base by me :kermit:

I'm happy to say I had no numbness whatsoever throughout both projects :eusa_danc ......man what a difference !
I am , however, a little sore at the end of the day

Thanx for lookin' :mrgreen:

sawduster

New User
Robert
Thanx for the kind words .....I forgot to mention that I am still wearing a bandage and I also took a brown jersey glove and cut the ends of the fingers out so the incision is protected from all the dust
The stitches come out Wed

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yea Bro. I figured they could not hold you down for long. Great work as usual. :eusa_clap

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Looks like your surgeon did a great job.

How tall are those candle stands? They look great!

I asked the Dr. that sewed my finger together if I would be able to play guitar after it healed. He said sure, why not? I said Doc, that's great! I never could play before. :rotflm:

toolman

New User
Chad
Great looking projects!!! :notworthy::notworthy: I'm glad you back working so quick! :eusa_danc

scrollski

New User
Jim
Good job. How did you plane down the cedar to 1/8 inch. I've tried walnut with my planer and it broke apart.

your neighbor,
Jim

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Those are great looking one handed projects. Heck, I can't do that with both hands and both feet.
:rotflm::rotflm:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow, and wow. And that's all I have to say about that! :)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
If I get that surgery can I be as talented as you????
Sign me up if so.
Awesome work, you are definitely back in the saddle again, like you never got out.
Dave:)

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice job, Robert! If you're that good with only one good hand, I can't wait to see what happens with two!!!:icon_thum
Beautiful work my friend...:eusa_danc

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Hey Bro! For a "crippled man" you do good work! Really glad to hear and see you are recovering well. Beautiful stuff, as usual. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Don't get that thing inflamed from over use. Listen to Deb and the Doc. Take care.
:wsmile:

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Very intricate work, Robert. Good thing you put the dime in the pics for scale, Else everyone would think the pieces were much larger.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Awesome work there, Robert!!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

With work this impressive, what are we going to see when your completely healed up and haired over!!!!!:rolf:

You will be making someone very happy with these fine pieces!:eusa_danc

Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Robert,

Those are two VERY nice projects! 8-O I'm glad you're almost healed up and look forward to seeing [strike]your next projects[/strike] things I'll never be able to do. :rotflm:

Trent :icon_bigg

sawduster

New User
Robert
Thanx everyone ....you're too kind

Cathy, those are slotted candlesticks

Mike , they're 10 1/2 " tall . Funny , I asked the same question about " real " woodworking :gar-La;

Jim , I made many, many passes taking just a small bit of material each time . I still screwed up some boards as I discovered cedar can contain " dead " places that aren't visible on the surface .....mostly in the white areas . I also quickly discovered that large knots pop out so it was quite a challenge to get 4 good pieces. I do , however , have plenty of stock now for ornaments :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS