Back from Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
Just back from a vacation to Maine and have a few pics I think this group may enjoy. The 1st set revolve around an unexpected double gloat. I think I will just let the pictures tell the story.

I am one more than happy camper, thanks to my wife.

tv

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Way to save the shipping costs on your new LN DT saw. I bet that was an experience not soon forgotten. Did you get a tour of the facilities?

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Well, Maine is certainly cool . . . especially this time of the year :icon_thum
And I hear the Lie Nielsen stuff is almost as good as HF :mrgreen:

Congrats!
Roger

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
What a trip! I'm not sure which would be more exciting, the tour or the fact you got a new saw.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Good stuff Todd! Can I borrow a saw? I want to see if I can salvage some lumber from some pallets I snagged out of the dumpster :)

Looks like you enjoyed yourself :eusa_danc

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Now that must have a seriously awesome trip, Todd!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

To get a demo as well as a brand new DT saw is a definite 2-fer!!!!

When your first photo showed the great bench, I thought that just maybe you hauled that back as well:wink_smil. Bet you will quickly become a fan of LN.:wwink:

Sounds like the LOYL is a definite keeper.:icon_thum:icon_thum

Looks like you had a great trip!

Congrats.

Wayne

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
Unfortunately due to time constraints (last morning in Maine), we were not able to tour the shop (didn't ask due to time). However, if you buy anything there you get an extra 10% off. I wasn't planning on purchasing anything but my wife surprised me with a "buy whatever you want, I'll pay for it" (I know, I should have purchased a plane but I really wanted the dovetail saw). I think my wife was as excited about being at the only place that Lie-Nielsen has.

We had passed the shop on the way to Ellsworth, Maine on the 12th. I had forgotten that Lie-Nielsen was in Maine. So on our drive down to Boston for our flight, we stopped in. It was just going to be a photo opportunity but then it turned into a kid in a candy store. I won't say it was the best part of the trip but it was fantastic.

The young man that sold me the saw, Andy, had actually heard of ncwoodworkers. He is originally from the Virginia area.

tv

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
You DOUBLE ROCK, Todd!!! Once for the DT saw and once for LOYL saying "buy anything you want". Yep, she's a keeper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS