Back Country SAPFM chapter at Klingspor Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Buchanan

Charlie
Corporate Member
Hope all you who attend the Klingspor Extravaganza in Hickory next weekend will drop by the SAPFM booth and take a look at our organization. We will have some member projects on display and the builders will be there to answer questions. If you're interested in furniture building I think we are worth a look. Jim Moon will be showing his replica of the Studley tool chest and it is something to see. Tom Sears will have one of his side chair reproductions there and he can talk about the finishing routine he used to duplicate the look of the 18th century original.

Sears Chairs.jpg
Here's a small photo of three of Tom's chairs--one original and two of his reproductions--one before and one after finishing.

I'll have one of my efforts there also along with some displays like plans, templates and study models of parts.
Come by and say hello. If you like building American furniture you'll find a shared interest in SAPFM.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hope all you who attend the Klingspor Extravaganza in Hickory next weekend will drop by the SAPFM booth and take a look at our organization. We will have some member projects on display and the builders will be there to answer questions. If you're interested in furniture building I think we are worth a look. Jim Moon will be showing his replica of the Studley tool chest and it is something to see. Tom Sears will have one of his side chair reproductions there and he can talk about the finishing routine he used to duplicate the look of the 18th century original.

View attachment 21126
Here's a small photo of three of Tom's chairs--one original and two of his reproductions--one before and one after finishing.

I'll have one of my efforts there also along with some displays like plans, templates and study models of parts.
Come by and say hello. If you like building American furniture you'll find a shared interest in SAPFM.
Looking forward to it! Thank you for posting this Charlie.

Charlie Buchanan

Charlie
Corporate Member
Here's a photo of Jim Moon's replica of the Studley Tool Chest alongside a photo of the original. Jim's replica will be on display at SAPFM booth at the Extravaganza.

Doublechest.jpg

Come on by and take a look.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Charlie tell me Jim doesn't have a Stanley #1 to fit the tool chest? The tool collection is one subject the toolbox is another. Both amazing.

I have been a SAPFM member in the past and found it a little inactive in the Durham area.

What is the meeting schedule and location for most of your gatherings?
I was very pleased with the activities of the SAPFM group in the Wash DC area back in the early 1980's but it seems things have slowed down a bit.

Maybe an update would get me moving again.

Dan

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
Dan:

Yep the #1 Stanley is in there. It is in the upper left quadrant adjacent to the front knob of the large transitional plane in the area that has a round top.

David Turner

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Some guys have all the fun. See you in Nov. Working away on some parts now.

Q3.JPG

When I eat a good breakfast its time for some labor. This will burn some calories​

Charlie Buchanan

Charlie
Corporate Member
IMG_1043.jpg

Tom Sears and I are in Hickory setting up the SAPFM booth at Klingspor Extravaganza. Here's Tom with his John Anderson side chair reproduction at the booth.
Studley tool chest replica will be here Friday and Saturday. Come by and say Hello.

Last edited:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I tried to stand far enough back that I wouldn't drool on anything. :swoon: An AMAZING piece of craftsmanship. Jim Moon is to be congratulated and recognized for this incredible accomplishment.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
This piece was truly impressive. That is the only word I can come up with to describe it. Since I haven't seen anything but pictures of the original, I don't really have a comparison, but regardless, this is a work of art. I was really glad I got to see it in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS