aww, Ain't they cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Look's like I picked they before they got ripe. Here's some 1/8 oz. butter molds I turned out of some hard maple. I think they will also work for mints.

They make a pat of butter 1-1/8" x 1/4". A ounce of butter is 2 cubic inches. A 1-1/8" circle is 1 sq. in.

I used a forstner bit to drill out the center. The round knobs actually came from the craft dept. at Wally World, predrilled with a 1/4" hole. The knobs are not glue on so the plunger can be removed for cleaning. Used a dowel for the shaft. Etched a piece of copper with a design and glued it to the plunger because I'm not much on chip carving. Finished with carnuba wax.

It surprised me how easy they were to make, good practice for a skew chisel.

Rick Doby

Attachments

• Butter Mold 1.jpg
    Butter Mold 1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Butter Mold 2.jpg
    Butter Mold 2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 163
M

McRabbet

Great idea! Unusual yet usable.

Hey I might want you to etch me some small copper plates for "made by" tags to go on projects. Lets talk!
Rick has already made me some personalized medallions that I've installed in my custom work. He charged me a fair price plus mailing cost and I must say they really look nice!
Here is the one in my Wine Cellar Project. (Click on the thumbnail for a blow-up).

Rob

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Rick has already made me some personalized medallions that I've installed in my custom work. He charged me a fair price plus mailing cost and I must say they really look nice!
Here is the one in my Wine Cellar Project. (Click on the thumbnail for a blow-up).

Rob

I like that!!! If I don't get the branding iron I asked for Xmas, I might have to be calling you, Rick :icon_thum

Dave

T

toolferone

Those are really cool!

Can you show us a piece of butter that has been in the mold.

rbdoby

New User
Rick
I haven't had time to use the molds yet. I'm looking for a mint recipe. I'll post some pictures when I try them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors