Awesome Tool Gloat! Ridgid R4330

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Anna-Catherine, you're killing me, over here! You are feeding my TAS (Tool Acquisition Syndrome); this is the woodworker's version of GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome). Congrats, and report back with a product review, if you will be so kind.

Tom,

I'll review the tool very soon. Just need lumber to run through it.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Congrats on the Ridgid Anna-Catherine :eusa_danc
Please give us a report on your "router bowl" progress. I was intrigued by the article also. Alas, the Raleigh Woodcraft nor Klingspoor had an extension collet on my last visit.

Roger

Roger, I will get started on that project as soon as I remember to stop by Woodcrap on the way home from work...of course I'd have to NOT be on the motorcycle...hmm...:BangHead:

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I have to sweep and vacuum the carport, every day:BangHead: so I know whats thats like.
And if I am not careful I end up washing her car:cry_smile

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Anna-Catherine,

I saw your post earlier today, but I'm fairly new here so I wasn't sure if it was "polite" to say YOU SUCK to a lady or not. Anyway, that planer looks very nice and I hope it does well for you. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Trent

Trent, no worries. I'm just so darn glad I suck! (This is starting to feel weird!) I think the others were right. WGD can stand for Wood Grrl Disease! :help:

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Sounds like a good machine...

I went to the HD site and searched... all I found was:

RIDGID 13 In. Thickness Planer
Model TP1300LS
$369

I guess it is not the same machine... Is it any good? Any opinions?

Where would one get the R4330?

EDIT:
I called a local HD... they have (says the computer) 4 R4330's @ $369 each.
Is this a good Buy?
/Edit

Thank you.

jsjordan

New User
Joel Jordan
Congrats on the Orange Beast! and a hearty MULTIPLE SUCKITUDE :eusa_clap on all the simultaneous tool acquisitions!

Iused to use that trick to get new guns into the house. By having so many LOML doesnt notice and when she did I would just say "Oh that thing? I've had that for a while now." :icon_chee

btw - I love this site so much because I learn stuff ALL the time. For example, I never knew anybody parked vehicles in their garage :dontknow: :eusa_danc

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Anna,

I just called a local HD to inquire about the replacement knives.

Part # AC20501

"A discontinued part... ALL local stores... across the board..."

NADA!

Why?

"Corporate decision"

What a stupid decision... sell the planer but NOT the blades!

Better take super care of them blades!!! You may not be able to get them replaced!

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Anna,

I just called a local HD to inquire about the replacement knives.

Part # AC20501

"A discontinued part... ALL local stores... across the board..."

NADA!

Why?

"Corporate decision"

What a stupid decision... sell the planer but NOT the blades!

Better take super care of them blades!!! You may not be able to get them replaced!

Right, I hear ya. I checked with my HD and they have the blades. I think they are going to sell newer blades for these. I do have an extra set anyway. The machine is awesome. This coming weekend I will be putting some SYP through it for a bowl routing project I have going. I highly recommend this machine. Rigid will support the blade issue thorough their various other dealers too. Right now, I have no worries!

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Very good!

Since that post, I called HD again and talked to their Advanc ed Customer Svc. dept.... They will eventually be selling the blades... perhaps the wheels moved and they have them now, or at least can be ordered. Have not heard back from them... will call agn.

Thank you... and good luck with your new toy!

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I was in the HD at Rocky Mount today, and the only blades they had was for the TP1300. None for the 4330 on hand (although the only planer they had was the 4330).

Go

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Roger, I will get started on that project as soon as I remember to stop by Woodcrap on the way home from work...of course I'd have to NOT be on the motorcycle...hmm...:BangHead:

Anna-Catherine that is what they make bungee cords for!!:wink_smil I got tired of bungee-ing things to the seat, so I got a '98 ACE Tourer (love those hard bags). :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors