Auriou Rasps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
I've been reading about these Auriou rasps for some time now and didn't think they could be any better than the Nicholsons I've been using. I finally decided to try them after Christopher Schwarz's recomendation in Popular Woodworking (my fav mag). Yes, they are that much better, unbelievabley better. Any one who needs to do any shaping by hand should try one. The larger is a 9" cabinetmakers 10g and the smaller is a 6" modelers 15g. They cut very fast and smooth. They are however a bit pricey but worth it.
081.JPG

View image in gallery

LeeNC

New User
Lee
Thanks for the review. I noticed the same recommendation and have moved them up on the short list.

Lee

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I agree these are excellent rasps but expensive.

Has anyone tried the Iwaski files at woodcraft? The cost is significantly less and the claims sound promising. All I have seen is the marketing, no reviews from real users.

magellan44

New User
magellan44
Let me ask, I know that they re-started the file making business but are they true Auriou Rasps. I have a pretty good set of the originals but was timid to purchase the new ones. Because the original company is out of business. Are the new ones made in France? I did hear that the son or brother re-started the company under another name. Something like TTB or FFB something like that, I know it was 3 letters. Can anyone elaborate on this with any certainty....

Thank you

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Let me ask, I know that they re-started the file making business but are they true Auriou Rasps. I have a pretty good set of the originals but was timid to purchase the new ones. Because the original company is out of business. Are the new ones made in France? I did hear that the son or brother re-started the company under another name. Something like TTB or FFB something like that, I know it was 3 letters. Can anyone elaborate on this with any certainty....

Thank you
From what I understand, they are the same company reformed. I got mine from L-N and they have a link to a video of the mfg process in France. I can't imagine rasps working any better than these do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS