Attention Scrollers, Turners, and Carvers Outreach Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Just one thing to mention. We don't have a fence for the drill press. It wouldn't be hard though to cobble something together with a straight piece of wood and some clamps. We do have plenty of clamps.

Maybe a template with the stops built into it to be clamped down, not sure the requirement, just thinking out loud.

- Ken.

Ken,

I thought we might be able to clamp the bandsaw fence to the drill press. I can't remember the size of the fence and the size of the drill press table, but I am sure we can get something to work.

Steve H.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
I like the idea of providing templates for the fence and stop locations.
Hadn't thought of that, thanks!

I have a real fence on my bandsaw, but for the drill press I just used scrap wood and spring clamps.
Our DP has a laser doesn't it?
That should make the alignment easy.

While we're on the subject has the bandsaw fence been corrected for drift?

we'll need that for this project.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes it does have a laser. I've actually not noticed any drift in the band saw. Not sure how sophisticated the fence is though, drift compensation might be expecting too much from it. :dontknow:

- Ken.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
I have the tumble toy ready to go.
need to fine tune the directions and put it in a box to you.
even have the box ready!

Steve Martin

New User
Steve Martin
If you already have a pm from me, I apologize for the duplication. I have a mushroom project and a spoon project, both in green wood for the lathe. Instructions on paper which I can send as attachment on e-mail. Completed items which I took photos of while doing them. Have had aggravating time getting them in a file to get them to you and still am not sure I can send them electronically but can send CD with the spoons and mushrooms. Let me know how you want to proced. Am interested in volunteering for any WW project closer to Rockwell and would be willing to demo my pole lathe if that would be consistent with goal of program. Let me know your addrress so I can send stuff. Have a nice Easter.

cskipper

Cathy
My sincerest apology - I haven't worked on this yet. I have left a combination of things get in my way. I will try to send you a couple of things within the next week.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
I have received an entry from smallboat and a couple of entries from Steve Martin. Are others working on entries?

Steve H.

cskipper

Cathy
I keep over-shooting the 2 hour time frame with it including sanding. Inside cuts require a drill of some type with fairly small bits. It's possible to use a drill, even a Dremel, instead of a drill press, especially if only drilling one layer of 1/4" plywood. What sizes of drill bits do we have available to them?

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
. . . What sizes of drill bits do we have available to them?

Cathy, I know we have a case of assorted drill bits on the trailer, but I'm not sure of the smallest size. I would guess in the 1/16" range, but I'm not positive. If you need a specific size for a project, we can make sure we have it available.

Bill

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Cathy, We have in the past sent one or two warriors home with an unfinished project that they could finish sanding at their leisure and apply a spray lacquer or some other finish on their own. They seemed to be happy just to have something that was almost complete that they made themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS