Attaching hook & loop pad back on sander

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrt15nc

Tom
User
I'm dying here. Not quite, but this little bug is beginning to wear on me. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: The peel and stick part of the hook and loop pad that goes on the little Ryobi palm sander didn't "stick" long. I've been using double sided tape to attach it back on but that doesn't seem to last long either. Has anyone found a better solution for holding the pad onto the sander?

Thanks,
Tom

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I had to replace the hook & loop pad on my PC ROS after the sandpaper discs wouldn't stay attached. I found a product from Gatorgrit at Lowe's designed for that application. You just sand off the old hook pad and glue a new one on top. Now my sand paper is kinda hard to remove..it works well.
I don't know if that will help in your situation, but it could :-D

Dave:)

chris99z71

New User
Chris
So what do you use to sand something off of your sander? Sounds like an excused to buy a second sander!:eusa_danc

thrt15nc

Tom
User
Thanks Dave, I'll take a look for it. I mis-spoke in my OP. It's my ROS also, not a palm sander.

Chris, isn't sanding your sander sort of like taking a picture of a guy taking a picture of you taking a picture of him taking a picture of you...........?

:eusa_whis

Tom

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL
The foam pad came off my old sander about two months ago. I tried wood glue, didnt work, but four small drops of epoxy and the pad doesnt move anymore.:icon_thum The epoxy I used came in a two part tube. When you depress the plunger it pushes out two parts, which I mixed together and it setup pretty quick. You might try liquid nail, have you seen the commercial where the guy is in bed and he hears his neighbor nailing wall board up, and he goes over and liquid nails the slats in place then liquid nails his neighbors hammer to the ceiling?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
So what do you use to sand something off of your sander? Sounds like an excused to buy a second sander!:eusa_danc

That kit from Gatorgrit, that I was speaking about, comes with a piece of PSA backed 80 grit paper to stick on a piece of scrap and the you run the sander without any paper to remove the hooks on the 80 grit paper, and they all go away..leaving nothing but a nice smell :lol:

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Dave,

Did you buy a replacement hook & loop pad from PC or what did you use to replace it with?

I am beginning to have trouble with the sanding disk staying on my PC ROS. I clean off the dust on the pad, clean up the sander and still the disk doesn't stay on good. :BangHead:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave,

Did you buy a replacement hook & loop pad from PC or what did you use to replace it with?

I didn't get a new pad, I just re-surfaced it with that Gatorgrit kit. Basically I stuck an new Hook surface on top of the original pad (after I sanded the original hooks off). The kit was only a few bucks, and I thought I would give it a try, and if it didn't work then I would replace the whole pad. I found the kit with the sandpaper discs at Lowe's (in "Tool World") It's working great so far.

thrt15nc

Tom
User
Thanks for the explanation Dave. I was wondering myself. I don't have the problem of needing to sand it off, the dang thing won't stay on in the first place. Therfore, my :BangHead: . I've got some 2 part epoxy so I'll give that a try.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS