Asheville Sawyers

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Are there any NCwoodworker members who are sawyers in the Asheville area?

If so please let me know.

Thanks

dtomasch

New User
David
Jeff...
I am not a sawyer, but have a close friend that purchased a w.m. mill a few months back and has been hard at it. I can put you in contact if interested

M

McRabbet

Jeff...
I am not a sawyer, but have a close friend that purchased a w.m. mill a few months back and has been hard at it. I can put you in contact if interested
David,

If your friend is interested in selling green lumber to members, we could add him to the NC Sawyers list. Like Dan, I may be interested and I've got some wood that I'd like to get cut (Black Cherry).

Rob

dtomasch

New User
David
I will call him tomorrow. He is not a member, I've told him about it. He has been cutting in exchange for a percentage of the lumber. I will see what he's up to and let you know.

J

jeff...

The reason I asked is I received a few emails about making lumber runs to Asheville; it's just not practical for me to do so.

Thanks

dtomasch

New User
David
Well, I talked with my sawing friend today. I have about 10 walnuts, 2 WO, and a few dozen pines that I am going to have him saw in the near future. If anybody has trees to cut and can get them to candler we can keep him busy for a couple of days. I just need to know who, what, and how much, and I can start to pin down a date and time to let the dust fly. So thoes interested, chime in.

J

jeff...

David, not trying to tell you your business or anything. But please tell your sawyer buddy to wear a dust mask when he's slicing up all that BW. BW will get to a sawyer right quick. I learned my lesson hard, the first time I cut a bunch of it up, could not breath right for days afterwards. I walked away from the mill covered in BW saw dust, it was not a good thing. Now I wear a dust mask and am careful about how much dust I get on my clothes. I could be just me but it's by far my least favorite log to mill.

dtomasch

New User
David
I agree,
BW is my favorite wood to work, but it will get you bad when sanding. I havn't had the opportunity to mill it green, but if it is half as bad as it is in the shop I'm sure it's tough! Thanks for the advice.

sammy

New User
Sam Samotis
I Know the sawyer that Dave is talking of. He would do a great job. Last year i had about 4000 feet of pine,white oak, red oak,and cherry milled on my properety for about $950.00. He told my $250. per thousand. I was very impressed with his operation.

J

jeff...

Well I'm glad you guys found a good sawyer up there for lumber :eusa_danc. I felt kinda bad about having to say no, but Asheville is just too far to be practical for me.

Thanks Dave for your help in locating someone local to Asheville. I hope he joins the site and becomes a member.

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
Sunrise Sawmill just off US 25-A at 68 West Chapel Road is doing a good job for me. 828-277-0120 Don't want to take anyone's business but it's an alternative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS