Asheville novice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM77

New User
Dale
I grew up around my grandfather who was a woodworker & had a small sawmill, but sorry to say I never took advantage of the learning opportunity.

I am now interested in learning proper use & maintenance of hand tools for the purpose of making simple, rustic frames out of beautiful wood for artwork. Specifically, I want to learn how to use hand planes, chisels and miter boxes. I look forward to obtaining knowledge from all the experience in the group. Would anyone be open to showing me your workshop , favorite tools and perhaps a bit of teaching ---in the Asheville area.

Thank you

Dale

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
Dale,

Welcome to the site! There's lots of great folks here, willing to help out and offer advice.

I'm about 20 minutes west of Asheville, Just off of I-40 exit 24. You're welcome to come out and visit. Just give me a call 828-627-3948, or shoot me an email, and we'll set up a time for a chat. I wish I could say "Just come on by", but if I'm with a client, or teaching, I can't break away. Other than that, the invitation is open

Best,
Gregory

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Dale. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap It's great that you could join us. I would definitely take Greg up on his offer if I were you. :icon_thum

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dale welcome to the NCWW. You have come to the right place. Just ask.

sawman101

New User
Bruce Swanson
Good to welcome another new member to the sawdust pile. This is the best place you can find to ask questions about woodworking and many other things. Happy sawdusting.:saw:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to this great site, Dale. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. There are a number of woodworking professionals now calling Asheville and western NC home, as well as some outstanding hobbyist. You'll find many of them on this site, and all are not just willing, but eager to help. :icon_thum As Trent said, I would definitely take Gregory up on his offer if I lived that close to him.

Bill

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Dale!:eusa_danc

Glad to see you join and look forward to reading your future posts and maybe seeing some pictures of your work.

Wayne

cpw

New User
Charles
Welcome Dale,

I'm an Asheville native myself. You've found the friendliest, and best site around for woodworking help and advice.

Cheers,
Charles

DM77

New User
Dale
Gregory,

Thank you very much for your kind & generous offer.
I will give you a call and arrange a time
that is convenient for you.I am looking
forward to meeting you.You certainly
have some beautiful works of craftsmanship.

Thanks again,

Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS