Asheville Hardware Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

New User
Tom
I know asheville hardware is a sponsor of this site but I must vent a little. I took a basic turning class in April of this year and while I was there I signed up for the bowl turning class in May. The class went well and I asked the instructor if he would be teaching the class in May. He said he would not be available and they would have to get a substitute instructor. A couple of days before the the class I called Asheville hardware to confirm the class. I was told the instructor had a medical emergency and the class was cancelled. I could have driven 85 miles each way if I had not called. They were nice and refunded my money.
I saw they had another bowl turning class this past Saturday and I called about 10 days ahead of time and told them I wanted to sign up for the bowl turning class. The web site say you would leave with 2 or more 6 to 8" bowlsl. When I got there Saturday morning I learned we would not be turning bowls but turning a goblet. If I had
Known this I would not have signed up for the class. I thought about requesting a refund and leaving, but I have already driven 85 mile for the class.
I can assure you I will never take another class there. Just thought other might want to know when you sign up for a class it may be cancelled without any notification or the clas may not be what you signed up for.
Wilson

Asheville Hardware

New User
Asheville Hardware
Wilson,

I'm very sorry that your experience at Asheville Hardware was not pleasant. I do wish you had said something when you were at the store about your disappointment so we could have tried to make it right at the time. We obviously would have much preferred you to leave happy with the class you took.
Our instructors decide how they will teach a class, and about a week and a half ago, John brought me a picture of the goblets that would be made in the Turning 2 class. He felt that the skills taught covered a bit wider range while still teaching the ins and outs of bowls. I sincerely apologize that the website was not changed to reflect this. I really didn't think it was a big enough change to warrant it, but maybe I was wrong.
John Roller is always one of our favorite instructors according to the class evaluations I've read. We are really glad that he is even able to be back teaching already after his open heart surgery back in May. When the classes got canceled at that time, I had just started at the store in my position of director of Asheville Woodworking School. As far as I'm aware, anyone in the classes that had been canceled had been informed of that fact. I will try to find out on Wednesday when I'm at the store what the timing was in regards to your class that got canceled.
If you would be so kind to email me at classes@ashevillehardware.com, I would like to somehow make this right for you. Hope to hear from you.

Scott

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
It sounds like you two are working this out. That is great. There is nothing like a heart to heart to resolve issues of this nature.

As this matter is between you two I am closing this thread to further comments. If anyone objects please send me a PM ans we can discuss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS