Arts & Crafts coffee table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Since I was digging these pics out for something else I thought I would post them here, too. This is an A&C coffee table I built on commission for a friend a few years back. I copied (actually went to the store and took measurements) a design from the Stickley Furniture Co. except I made a mistake, er, made a change :-D:-D and added four extra through tenons. Though the ray fleck doesn't show that well it is all QSWO. It is finished with Jeff Jewitt's brew for A&C furniture- his TransTint water based dye under a dark oil stain and sealed for durability with multiple coats of wipe-on poly (the actual color is different than the pic). I also experimented with a photo program to achieve the black background and lettering.

A_CTable-1.JPG

The drawers go all the way through and have fronts on both sides of the table.

A_CTable-2.JPG

I have been using a rubber stamp and ink for my mark until I find a design I like enough to have made into a branding iron.

A_CTable-3.JPG

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice Alan!
It looks massive. Obviously some of that Arts & Crafts style, but how large is it? Anyway, it should be around for a few hundred years :mrgreen:

Roger

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Shaffter Crafted - a Sign of Quality! Great looking table, Alan. :icon_thum

I love that style a lot. Nice design change!

Chuck

charlie s

New User
Charles
That's a great looking table! Ironically, someone posted one on the Wood Works site that looks just like it. :grin:

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS