Anyone want a free, nonfunctioning SCMS before I take it to the landfill?

Whitfield

Wells T.
User
Perhaps you've got the knowhow to bring this thing back to life (it's not the brushes; I tried that). Or it's a parts-saw. Or a heavy-duty paperweight. Or a canoe anchor. Dream large!

Anyway, if you want it, I'm between Durham and Chapel Hill.

hitatchi.jpg

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Hey Wt, I'm game for this.
I can likely pick it up next week, as we will be headed west along i-40 (I'm in Raleigh)

Whitfield

Wells T.
User
Great. Can you PM me (that's a thing, right?) and I'll zap you my details. I'm right next to 40, so it should be a convenient transfer.

ratneri

New User
ilya
@Henry W , if this is something you'd fix, I'd maybe buy it off of you if that was something you'd be interested in. I have a very crappy inaccurate chop saw that I'd love to replace. I'm in Raleigh too

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
@Henry W , if this is something you'd fix, I'd maybe buy it off of you if that was something you'd be interested in. I have a very crappy inaccurate chop saw that I'd love to replace. I'm in Raleigh too
Hi ilya - we'll see if I can fix it, and then whether I want it...
Feel free to ask in a few weeks or months

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Henry, i do believe you said you chanced the brushes, get a can of electronics cleaner, open up the switch, hose it down, compressed air, let it dry about 15 minutes,re assemble, it should be running

ratneri

New User
ilya
If the pickup falls through for some reason, I'd be willing to pick it up as well, but I'll wait for my turn in line :)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS