Anyone have a Makita LS1016L miter saw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cato

New User
Bob
I was at the HD the other day looking at the Makita 10 inch LS1016L sliding miter saw and was wondering if any members had one and what their impressions of the saw are??

Kinda trying to decide between this Makita at HD and a Dewalt 717 10 inch SCMS at Lowes.

I am strictly a hobbyist and DIY home repair stuff, and just starting to try and learn a bit more about finer woodworking.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Yeah, I've got one of the Makita 10 inch saws as well. It's a few years and I don't remember the exact model number but it is a dual bevel slider. I love it, it's an excellent saw. I also really like the angled motor which gives you some extra clearance on the bevel cuts. I don't think you can go wrong with either of the saws you mentioned.

Travis

JohnDistai

New User
John
I don't have one, but on the Festool Owners Group forum there is a video of a guy using one, and they are comparing the dust collection to that of a Kapex. The video shows a guy cutting a piece of MDF like he was slicing bread a loaf of bread. He had a dust collector setup, and there was no dust. It was a pretty impressive video.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I'm eyeing the LS1016L as well. What really impressed me is that it's relatively "shallow". I was tempted to pick up the Milwaukee when it was on sale but you need a 3' bench for that beast.

Cato

New User
Bob
Bas- I got the Makita ls1016l from HD yesterday. They did a price match for me from the lowest internet order price I could find of $479, which knocked $70 off their $549 asking price, and gave a 90 day return window. I was happy with that, and now that the saw is set up in my shop I am even happier.

The fences and blade were set up square out of the box, and the stock blade it comes with seems to be a very nice blade, instead of the poor quality ones you ususally get as a stock blade.

Slide bar action is quite smooth, and while I have only cut a few scraps of oak and pine, it cuts very smooth whether in sliding mode or with sliders locked and just chop mitering.

I think I am really going to like this unit and it will be a welcome addition to my shop.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Bas- I got the Makita ls1016l from HD yesterday. They did a price match for me from the lowest internet order price I could find of $479, which knocked $70 off their $549 asking price, and gave a 90 day return window. I was happy with that, and now that the saw is set up in my shop I am even happier.

The fences and blade were set up square out of the box, and the stock blade it comes with seems to be a very nice blade, instead of the poor quality ones you ususally get as a stock blade.

Slide bar action is quite smooth, and while I have only cut a few scraps of oak and pine, it cuts very smooth whether in sliding mode or with sliders locked and just chop mitering.

I think I am really going to like this unit and it will be a welcome addition to my shop.
Thanks for posting the info Bob, I think this one is a winner. And well done on getting the price match!

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Thanks for posting the info Bob, I think this one is a winner. And well done on getting the price match!

A little late to the party, but Nice Pick Bas! :eusa_clap

I have that saw and just love! If you like to take a few cuts on mine, your welcome anytime!

Matt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS