anybody know where the goodwill lathe is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehpoole

Ethan
Does feel like it has been awhile since the last exchange...but that is just going on my questionable memory. :)

Acelectric

Wayne
Corporate Member
I still have it. I sent Scott a message a while back to remind him I had it. It is ready for a new home if someone wants it.

Elmojo

New User
Mike
Remind me what lathe it is?
I have a friend who's wanting to get into turning.
He'll need to jump on here and inquire about it himself, but I'd like to let him know something first.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
As the Event Director, I am supposed to keep track - my bad. Fred, you brought it up, do you know someone who needs to try turning?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
a few. but S. Ill. is too far away:gar-Bi. we have a new member out my way but i can't remember his screen name. maybe he will chime in.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I'll also throw a small biscuit out here.....
If someone wants to try turning on a smaller but friendly lathe, I'm willing to give them some instruction (to the best of my capability) and allow them to "play" on my lathe in my shop in Chapel Hill. This group has done so much for me, it's a small price to pay to let someone that doesn't have a lathe learn about them.
Michael

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I still have it. I sent Scott a message a while back to remind him I had it. It is ready for a new home if someone wants it.

Yup it was at the time of the changing of the guard. Phil has already chimed in. FredP thanks for bringing this up.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Remind me what lathe it is?
I have a friend who's wanting to get into turning.
He'll need to jump on here and inquire about it himself, but I'd like to let him know something first.

Based on searching the related threads at the bottom of this one, it is a Nova DVR XP lathe. It has gained many enhancements and accessories over time so is a very complete setup for turning about anything.

Others may be more familiar with the exact specs.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I need to learn but that might require free time.....trying to remember what that is at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS