Any use of a burnt out motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I have a ~3/4 HP Grizzly motor that doesn't work anymore. I opened the back and the windings look like they may have shorted. But I hate taking things to the dump.

If anyone has a use for this motor you are welcome to have it!
Salem

Sully

New User
jay
It's good for the scrap metal pile. I normally salvage capacitors and switches before taking them to the recycling yard.

eyekode

New User
Salem
It's good for the scrap metal pile. I normally salvage capacitors and switches before taking them to the recycling yard.

Sully, by "recycling yard" do you mean dump? Just wondering if there is anyplace that would want it....

Sully

New User
jay
I didn't mean the dump. There's probably a metal scrap yard near you that would take it. It would keep it out of the landfill and could be melted down for the metal.

I tend to keep stuff like that in a pile and when it gets big enough it goes off to the scrap yard. They buy it by the pound.

Len

New User
Len
The Wake County Convenience Center closest to you that takes scrap metal is at 6025 Old Smithfields Rd, Apex NC 27539.
They send scrap metal to be recycled.

Len

dlrion

New User
Dan
You can get good money for copper... take it to the scrap yard that advertises "We buy junk cars"

you might get enough money to pay for gas.
:dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS