Antique refurb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I bought this old inshave, is that the proper name?

Knowing it would need a lot of work, I call it buying work, as if I didn't have enough to do already.

So far I have turned the new handles.

IMG_2912.JPG

They're not installed yet. I still have to regrind, and polish the steel, make brass plates for the ends of the handles and put it all together.

On the way to a gloat! It was only $6 at the local antique store.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Mike, that looks like a cool score. The handles look REALLY nice! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I'm not sure exactly what that thing is, but the picture you took of it looks to reveal its purpose. Perhaps an older version of a cabinet plane (?). I'm not sure if that's what it's called, but I've been told that they are good to have. I had the pleasure (deep sarcasm) of perusing through an antique store here a few months ago with my ex and all they had were excuses for furniture and a few terrible paintings. If there would've been ONE tool in that place, I probably wouldv'e bought it, just to get us out of there. I think that was the same day that Jeremy or someone bought an old Stanley plane that they refurbished. Nice score!

Trent

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Nice find Mike!

I like handles you turned. Do they just drive on or is there some kind of nut that hold them on?

Rick Doby

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Mike, I wanna say it is named something else, but the term escapes me. Is it used to scoop out the contour of a chair seat?

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Mike, You're not "on the way to a gloat", that's TWO gloats! One for the handles (great job) and one for scoring an old tool for a great price!

You'll have another gloat after you clean her up and make her shiny!!!:icon_thum

Multiple SUCKS to you my friend:eusa_clap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS