Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
aspen ebony maple cherry locust
2168664Trianglepenshow009.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, Eagle you really need to put a pen like that on a spinning pedestal and make a .wav file of it. I would love to see all sides.
Dave:)

J

jeff...

Eagle is cranking them out faster than a pair of horny rabbits... Nothing like putting it into perspective hu?

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Eagle is cranking them out faster than a pair of horny rabbits... Nothing like putting it into perspective hu?

All is not as it seems.
If hadn't noticed I wasn't posting for a while.I was getting these ready for the Fountain pen show in Raleigh theis past weekend.
Things have settled a bit and I have time to get thses posted.
Did the curves work out on all sides like you hoped for?
I finally have learned to index the blanks so the cut sequence doesn't get screwed up.
Yes they are all parallel.

bluewing92

New User
Norm
Eagle, your pens are truly a work of art.

You guys are killing me! Lathe no, lathe maybe, lathe no…lathe………….:BangHead:

Gary, my wife knows where you live. You may be in a lot of trouble.:slap:

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Eagle, your pens are truly a work of art.

You guys are killing me! Lathe no, lathe maybe, lathe no…lathe………….:BangHead:

Gary, my wife knows where you live. You may be in a lot of trouble.:slap:

I know where there is a heck of a deal on a 12-36 Jet in Myacca city

Gary G

New User
Gary
Norm
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated :blol:
BTW, you were right about the LOYL's feathers comment affecting the blank's name.
Gary

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
**** Eagle...I just looked through your gallary for the first time...

Humbled doesn't begin to describe what I'm feeling...you really should approach a couple professional art gallaries, if you haven't already...

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
**** Eagle...I just looked through your gallary for the first time...

Humbled doesn't begin to describe what I'm feeling...you really should approach a couple professional art gallaries, if you haven't already...

Thanks,
I was going to write this in a PM to you but decided to make a post.
I don't take compliments well.There isn't a single pen I have made that is without flaws.I will never make a perfect pen technical or otherwise.
I struggle with finishes.In 3 years come fathers day(The day I made my first pen and also used a lathe for the first time)I can honestly say I cannot know ahead of time that my CA finish will come out good.I have learned that is OK, the only thing good about a CA finish is that it is quick, but is lacking when it comes to showing off a piece of wood.It is more or less like the liquid bar tops.Wood encased in a thick layer of plastic and for me the process is not fool proof.
I view making pens as somewhat an extension of my enjoyment for working with woods and recently other materials.
The mechanics of turning a pen on a lathe aren't rocket science.
Cut it, drill it, tube it, mill it, turn it, sand it finish it.
The fun part for me is how can I ake mine look different than someone elses or in the case of a denim pen, how can I make one without haveing to shell out $10.00 for a hunk of plastisized cotton.(I am cheap).
I cannot afford expensive kits but I like the way colors and patterns can be made with common woods such as walnut, cherry, mahogany and maple,
Usually by themselves they are over looked for pen blanks but in combinations they are extremely handsome.
Thanks again.
(Not sure the "art world" is ready for me.):eusa_thin

cskipper

Cathy
I think your pens certainly qualify for the art world. The uniqueness of each one, the attention to detail are unmatched as far I have ever seen.:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS