Another Scrap Wood Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
I found some plywood cutoffs that someone gave me a few years ago and make a shoe cabinet for the garage that LOML wanted. After she paints it I will add the back. My scrap pile is slowly dwindling. :lol:

DSC02848.JPG

I used the Router Dado jig from my earlier Scrap Wood post to cut the dados for the shelves. It worked really nice. Much tighter dados than any I have ever made.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Nice job Dolan.:icon_thum What are the overall dimensions for it? I have a couple of store bought shoe racks that I am thinking about rebuilding.

D L

cpowell

New User
Chuck
"After she paints it I will add the back. "

I like that part of the deal...you build, she paints...

I wonder if I could get LOML to buy into that approach? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks really nice and utilitarian. You're making good use of the scrap pile!

Chuck

Ken Weaver

New User
Ken Weaver
Nicely done - I made a bare bones version, not nearly as nice as yours. May have to double check my scrap pile.

dozer

Mike
Well now the SWMBO seen this over my shoulder she wants me to build her one. I need to create a program that will automatically change my screen to fishing pictures when ever she gets with in 10 feet on my pc :lol: :lol: :lol:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Well now the SWMBO seen this over my shoulder she wants me to build her one. I need to create a program that will automatically change my screen to fishing pictures when ever she gets with in 10 feet on my pc :lol: :lol: :lol:

dozer, you have it all wrong. When SWMBO sees something, and wants you to build it, all you have to say is "Sure, Honey, I can build that. All it will cost is 'bout $100, and I need a few new tools!"

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Dolan,

The door between the garage... I mean my shop... and the house, just screams out for one of these. I think I'll start on one right away. Did you use 3/4" ply? I know I have to have some strong shelves since cases of soda or water sometimes end up on the two-shelf / store-bought / falling -apart one that is there now...

Thanks for the inspiration.

Ray

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
D.L.

The dimensions are: 32 W x 32 1/2 H x 12 3/8 D (includes 3/4" face frame). I let the material I had kind of drive the dimensions plus that will fit real nice where we plan to put it.

The face frame is 1 1/4" wide. The top 3 shelves are 6 1/2" apart but the face frame takes up 1/2" of that. The bottom opening is 10" minus the 1/2" for the face frame.

I plan to use some of that 1/8" cheap looking pegboard from Lowes for the back so the air can circulate around the shoes. :5eek:

I have made two other shoe cabinets recently that I gave away as gifts that were different sizes. One was 36 w x 30 H and one 32 W x 26 H. I used project board from Lowes for them.

Ray,

The material is 3/4" plywood with a 3/4" MDF face frame. The top and middle shelf has a triangle brace on both sides at the back. It would hold a case of soda or water with no problem.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Splinter, what bit size did you decide upon with your dado jig? I use 3/8 myself and it's worked fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS