"another one bites the dust"

Status
Not open for further replies.

daver828

New User
David
Took a pen turning class yesterday. First time I've touched a lathe in 30 years. I can certainly see where the top of the slope begins, and recognize that the slope is steep and endless. Should've paid more attention to the warnings. Even the instructor warned "I am not responsible for any relationship issues or issues with creditors you might have as a result of this class." lol

I did learn a little, mostly that it's not nearly as easy as it looks. I have several DVD's, and watching guys like Richard Raffan and Dennis White work didn't translate at all to actually standing before a lathe, even though it was a mini. But lots of fun. Now to just find a club to get to and get some help in all those areas I stunk in yesterday, like using a skew.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Hey Dave
Welcome to the dark side - or welcome back!
You are somewhat close to a few great clubs.
Asheville is a little bit of a drive but there is a huge club that meets at the Folk Art Center off the Parkway at Oteen every month.
Flyrod444 and boxmaker are both your way and are outstanding turners. Flyrod (Jack) invited me to Cashiers to their turning club. Great bunch of guys and not too far I hope for you!
If neither jumps in let me know and I'll get you some detailed information.
The skew, ie 'the evil tool'... don't let it think its boss. Once you figure it out you'll be amazed how much that one tool can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS