Another newbie in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimB

New User
Tim Baldwin
Hi folks! Glad to accept the invitation from 'gator' at woodnet to come on over. And thanks to Steve for helping with the registration glitch.

I am a casual/amateur grade ww, but I'm really good at banter and drivel, so you'll see more text than pictures :)

My woodworking interests are driven by my audio/video habit, so I'll be doing speaker cabinets and room treatments - though my first project(s) will be the room itself. We just moved, and I'll be starting with bare rafters and joists, and finishing the entire upstairs into a listening room, and a theater/billiards room.

Look forward to 'talking' with all of you, and maybe meeting if i can wiggle my schedule to get to the picnic.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome Tim! You have found the best WWing site on the whole WWW. Great folks here always willing to share advice/ assistance. Be sure to request a photo album so you can post LOTS of pics of your construction/projects. Around here the saying is "no pics, it didn't happen"!
Welcom aboard,

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Tim

Welcome to the NCWW site. I agree with Randy... this is a terrific place and there are some great woodworkers here. We do look forward to your comments and some photos of the finishing of that upper level of the house.

Ray

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Tim, I good at banter and drivel is my speciality also :lol: I occasionally do a little woodworking too. I'm glad you joined and hope you will become an active member of our community.
See you around!!!
Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Welcome Tim. Always happy to pull another real woodworker away from that other site to the best one in the Universe -- but, don't be bashful, post pics of your construction work on that room, too -- we're not proud, we just like to encourage others to share, too!

Rob

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hi Tim, glad you joined us. :icon_thum

The diversity of woodworking is part of the attraction. We would love to hear more about wood and audio :cool:

Sapwood

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Tim!

Home theater!!!!!!!!!!! That is the one thing that I don't have and could never afford, but am awestruck every time I see a good setup. (I used to shop over at Audio Advice in Raleigh, but they got way too pricey for me!:mrgreen: :crybaby2: They do some pretty awesome installations though!)

Sure would like to see some photo's of your progress with the theater and some of your speaker enclosure builds!

Have fun with this merry bunch of NC woodworkers. They're the greatest!!!

Wayne

gator

George
Corporate Member
Tim -

Glad you and Steve made it through your registration problems. You won't see many posts by me cause I just lurk a lot but it is a great forum with a lot of great information.

Welcome

George

TimB

New User
Tim Baldwin
Thanks for the welcome guys ... looking forward to it. I posted a few pics of the unfinished area ... no original work in there yet (unless you count the one nail i found missing in one of the joist hangers in the front dormer area). I put a couple pics in of my old theater in the former house ... had more plans than action there for various reasons. Hoping to compensate for that here.

William Bender

New User
William Bender
Welcome to the site from a fellow newbie. I think you will enjoy the forum to its fullest. Good luck with the game room and these guys are a great source of information if you have any questions.

William

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors