Another Lowe's gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
:tool:The Chapel Hill Lowe's had 3 50" old style Bessey's marked down to $39.95 and 1 24" for $29.95. A few days ago I asked the asst tool manager to sell them to me for $10 each. He said the best he could do was an additional 10% off. I walked away. This morning I offered the same deal to the asst store manager and he said "I can do that". Picked up almost $200 worth of clamps for $40. I got home and saw a $10 gift card that came in the mail earlier this week that I forgot I had. :eusa_doh: Oh well....maybe I'll use it for something else. I don't know if I'll ever use the 50 inchers but couldn't pass up the deal.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Great score! :icon_thum :eusa_danc I have a couple of long clamps (not Besseys, though) that I picked up reasoning clamps can be too short but not too long. Turns out that isn't completely correct if you are as easily distracted as I am. The extra bar length hanging off the table is pretty painful when you take it in the gut.:eek: :rolf:

russellellis

New User
Russell
Lucky you. The Lowes near me wont budge on the price. The tool/hardware manager swore that they were not being discontinued and would not come down on the price at all.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Lucky you. The Lowes near me wont budge on the price. The tool/hardware manager swore that they were not being discontinued and would not come down on the price at all.

Ask for the store manager/asst store manager. Those clamps show up in their inventory as "non stock" items. Sounds like the tool manager doesn't know his business very well. Be sure to tell him that they are being sold all over the country at the Lowe's stores for this price.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
So which one's exactly are the "old style"? Is it the tradesman or generic bar clamp? I might run by my local one but I want to make sure I know what I'm looking for/at.

Brian.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
So which one's exactly are the "old style"? Is it the tradesman or generic bar clamp? I might run by my local one but I want to make sure I know what I'm looking for/at.

Brian.

I think that Stuart is referring to the older Bessey K-Body clamps that were recently replaced by the new Bessey Revo K-Body, Brian.

Now that's a super deal, Stuart!!!!!!!!!!!!

You definitely ROCK on that one!

Nice catch!

Wayne

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I think that Stuart is referring to the older Bessey K-Body clamps that were recently replaced by the new Bessey Revo K-Body, Brian.

Now that's a super deal, Stuart!!!!!!!!!!!!

You definitely ROCK on that one!

Nice catch!

Wayne

Wayne is right. Sorry I wasn't a bit clearer in the original post.

Glennbear

Glenn
Nice score!! I am glad to hear that your recent injury has not affected your bargain snatching ability :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS